Telltale Autumn Sale

Dear god in heaven.

edited January 2013 in The Walking Dead
These things are very simple. Stop making random theories, stop going off on huge tirades. These facts here are absolute. Get over it:

1. Carley and Doug are dead
2. Lee is dead
3. Kenny is dead
4. They are not coming back


I do not see what is so hard to grasp about these facts. Just get over it already.
«1

Comments

  • edited January 2013
    Kenny is not necessarily dead.
  • edited January 2013
    Kenny didn't explicitly "die". That is open to interpretation.

    The rest are obvious, though, and I don't see how anyone could claim otherwise.
  • edited January 2013
    No one is escaping from that alley. Kenny is dead. Telltale knew how much people were attached to Kenny, so they let him go out like a hero rather than devoured in a gory scene. They did it to enhance the scene, but he's dead. Why is this so hard to understand?
  • edited January 2013
    Demopan wrote: »
    No one is escaping from that alley. Kenny is dead. Telltale knew how much people were attached to Kenny, so they let him go out like a hero rather than devoured in a gory scene. They did it to enhance the scene, but he's dead. Why is this so hard to understand?

    I like how you claim to know things that you have no way of knowing.
  • edited January 2013
    Carley's dead!? What!?!?!
  • edited January 2013
    I don't think we'll ever see Molly again, either, because in some playthroughs she dies :(
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    I don't think we'll ever see Molly again, either, because in some playthroughs she dies :(

    Doesn't she just disappear?
  • edited January 2013
    Doesn't she just disappear?

    Not if Lee shoots her.

    She either leaves of her own accord or gets eaten.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    Not if Lee shoots her.

    She either leaves of her own accord or gets eaten.

    http://youtu.be/vv1tXjIF15I?t=1m3s

    No, she doesn't. Its like Kenny, we don't see her die.
  • edited January 2013
    So she survives with a bullet in her arm?
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    So she survives with a bullet in her arm?
    It's freakin' Molly dude. That chick could survive anything.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    So she survives with a bullet in her arm?

    Yeah, you are right. He probably hit her shoulder sack and she died PAINFULLIEST! DDDDDDD:

    http://youtu.be/YPpAzITsm1k?t=6m29s
  • edited January 2013
    Demopan wrote: »
    These things are very simple. Stop making random theories, stop going off on huge tirades. These facts here are absolute. Get over it:

    1. Carley and Doug are dead
    2. Lee is dead
    3. Kenny is dead
    4. They are not coming back


    I do not see what is so hard to grasp about these facts. Just get over it already.

    1. carley totally survived because the bullet hit her eye and then she got away and is surviving and trying to find lee so she can make teh babies
    lolz no one carez about doug he can die for all i care lololol!11!!1

    2. lee is not dead he didn't get bit it was just a scratch and then clementine flinched and didn't shoot him and blood loss

    3. kenny is not dead he got away from the alley after he saved ben and then they found vernon and beat him up and took the boat and became pirates!!111

    4. they are all coming back for season 2 and telltale told me because my friend works there and he said that they are all coming back and ben is going to kiss clementine and then they are all going to live happily ever afterzzz
  • edited January 2013
    anonymau5 wrote: »
    1. carley totally survived because the bullet hit her eye and then she got away and is surviving and trying to find lee so she can make teh babies
    lolz no one carez about doug he can die for all i care lololol!11!!1

    2. lee is not dead he didn't get bit it was just a scratch and then clementine flinched and didn't shoot him and blood loss

    3. kenny is not dead he got away from the alley after he saved ben and then they found vernon and beat him up and took the boat and became pirates!!111

    4. they are all coming back for season 2 and telltale told me because my friend works there and he said that they are all coming back and ben is going to kiss clementine and then they are all going to live happily ever afterzzz

    Duuuude... Whats about Shouldersacks?
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah, you are right. He probably hit her shoulder sack and she died PAINFULLIEST! DDDDDDD:

    http://youtu.be/YPpAzITsm1k?t=6m29s

    No, Vernon found her and fixed her shoulder so she'd start another "doctor affair" with him, and then they all stole the boat together.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    No, Vernon found her and fixed her shoulder so she'd start another "doctor affair" with him, and then they all stole the boat together.

    No, Shouldersack.
  • edited January 2013
    No, Shouldersack.

    What are you talking about?
  • edited January 2013
    distortion wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

    Look at the earlier post of mine, theres a link. It explains why Molly is dead, if you shoot her.

    And I am totally not serious.
  • edited January 2013
    Demopan wrote: »
    These things are very simple. Stop making random theories, stop going off on huge tirades. These facts here are absolute. Get over it:

    1. Carley and Doug are dead
    2. Lee is dead
    3. Kenny is dead
    4. They are not coming back


    I do not see what is so hard to grasp about these facts. Just get over it already.

    What makes you so positive Kenny is dead? No body, no sounds of agony. Have you seen the part where he saves Christa if Ben died in the clock tower?
  • edited January 2013
    I agree with OP except for Kenny. I am 95+% sure Kenny is dead but wouldn't be totally surprised if he somehow survived with a very low chance. There is a reason TTG cut out the audioparts where you could hear him get eaten. Might just be to spare Kenny fans out there, but there is a (albeit very slim) chance he survived. But I agree there is no reason to discuss it as it is utterly pointless as no one has anything to back it up other than made up theories.
  • edited January 2013
    Kenny is the only one on the list that is questionable. It's possible that he escaped somehow... but it sure isn't likely.

    I, for one, hope he actually is dead. Not because I hate him. I thought he was a very well-written and likeable character, despite his mood swings. I just hope someone like that can find peace in death. He has lost everything he holds dear, yet he still gave himself up to help people he cares about. He lived what he preached, and I respect people like that.

    If he returns in season 2, you know it's only going to be so he can suffer more. He sure isn't going to suddenly find happiness. That's not what the Walking Dead is about. He may find fleeting moments, but ultimately, he will lose it all again, dropping him even lower than he is now. I don't want Kenny to go through that, so I hope he actually stays dead and doesn't pull a Tyresse on us.
  • edited January 2013
    Going by Lee's face, at least in the Ben scenario, it looked like he saw or at least heard Kenny becoming lunch...Nobody gets eaten alive in complete silence...I think the devs just wanted to make Kenny's sacrifice more heroic, which is hard to do if he's screaming "Oh God it hurts so much! Is that my liver?"
  • edited January 2013
    Carley would look pretty badass on that boat with an eye patch over her eye.


    I do think they're all dead, though. And even if Carley had survived a bullet to her HEAD for whatever reason, how long do you really think she'd live? She was abandoned and we saw at least one walker approaching after the RV drives off.
  • edited January 2013
    unless you're working for TT, you can't reassure anyone anything.
  • edited January 2013
    HELL NO!Kenny ISN'T dead -.- Don't make me angry..
  • edited January 2013
    Wow this OP wants to control TWD universe governor style.
  • edited January 2013
    I think kenny was surrounded in the alley with no way out. There's a reason he locked Lee out, he planned on dying. When he goes down to get Christa too, he also plans on dying. If he wasn't, wouldn't he have said something like, wait for me I'll just be a sec. It was fairly obvious that he is dead. The writers might have left it open to hedge their bets just like the clem ending. Actually, the more playthroughs i watch and after playing the game myself twice, the more I realize the writing and continuity is terrible. The characters are what make this game amazing and that shows by how vehemently people here can't let them go.
  • edited January 2013
    aperose wrote: »
    I think kenny was surrounded in the alley with no way out. There's a reason he locked Lee out, he planned on dying. When he goes down to get Christa too, he also plans on dying. If he wasn't, wouldn't he have said something like, wait for me I'll just be a sec. It was fairly obvious that he is dead. The writers might have left it open to hedge their bets just like the clem ending. Actually, the more playthroughs i watch and after playing the game myself twice, the more I realize the writing and continuity is terrible. The characters are what make this game amazing and that shows by how vehemently people here can't let them go.

    Why does Kenny complain about suicide and scold Katjaa and then proceed to commit suicide?
  • edited January 2013
    Riadon wrote: »
    Why does Kenny complain about suicide and scold Katjaa and then proceed to commit suicide?

    Katjaa committed suicide while her husband was still alive. Kenny had no one left.
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    Katjaa committed suicide while her husband was still alive. Kenny had no one left.

    If you side with Kenny enough, he will tell Lee that he considers him family. He complains about suicide in general when he finds the couple in the bed, but then proceeds to put himself in a situation where he knew he would die.
  • edited January 2013
    Riadon wrote: »
    If you side with Kenny enough, he will tell Lee that he considers him family. He complains about suicide in general when he finds the couple in the bed, but then proceeds to put himself in a situation where he knew he would die.

    This was also after Lee had been bitten.
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    This was also after Lee had been bitten.

    Doh.
  • edited January 2013
    I would also say Kenny justifies it to himself as a sacrifice, either for Ben or for Christa. The Christa version makes more sense but the Ben one does hammer home the fact that he was looking for an excuse to die without voiding those beliefs.
  • edited January 2013
    Believe it or not, Kenny being alive is more probably than you would think (although still unlikely). In an interview he did, Gavin Hammon (Kenny's VA) said that originally, it was VERY clear that Kenny died in the alley scene. But then TT pulled him back in to make the scene more somber and make Kenny sound just a bit more depressed, and aparently some edits that made Kenny's fate so unclear. They even took out a bunch of his death noises, so as it stands, don't count Kenny out just yet. (Everyone else? Go ahead.)
  • edited January 2013
    Riadon wrote: »
    If you side with Kenny enough, he will tell Lee that he considers him family. He complains about suicide in general when he finds the couple in the bed, but then proceeds to put himself in a situation where he knew he would die.

    It's different. I believe Kenny was talking about directly taking your own life. Shooting yourself, jumping off a building, etc. Fighting walkers until they overwhelm you is not directly killing yourself, like Katjaa did. If Kenny laid down in the alley and allowed the walkers to devour him, that would have been suicide. If he put the last bullet of that gun in his head, that would have been suicide. He did nothing like that, however. It probably was suicide in a sense, but not the type of suicide he was talking about earlier.

    Kenny can say he considers Lee and co. family("My family's gone, but i know i can feel even more alone"), but he pretty much loses all of them too. He knows Lee is bitten, and after seeing that the balcony had pierced Ben he knew he was dead as well. I doubt he held Omid & Christa in nearly as much regard to the rest, as evidenced by their arguments in the manor and at the beginning of ep 4.

    Also, i agree with most of OP's points except obviously Kenny. No facts exist in his case, though i agree that there's not really much of a point in arguing about it anymore.

    Maybe whoever you didn't save at the end of episode 1 returns as a walker in season 2? Carley/Doug in that case are eaten but their brains are not destroyed, so it could be possible.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm a huge Kenny Fan, and however much I want him to be alive, I don't think he is. If you save a few bullets in the house scene, you give them to him and he only uses two. It is assumed that he used one on Ben and one on himself. I think they didn't show his death for two reasons.
    1) He was a liked character. I wouldn't have liked this game as much if they had shown his death like Brie.
    2) They want to keep that option open. It has happened before. If you don't see them die on screen, you can assume they are still alive.

    I agree with everything else, but I still have hope for Kenny. I would be happy to just see a cameo of him, zombie or corpse.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm a huge Kenny Fan, and however much I want him to be alive, I don't think he is. If you save a few bullets in the house scene, you give them to him and he only uses two. It is assumed that he used one on Ben and one on himself. I think they didn't show his death for two reasons.
    1) He was a liked character. I wouldn't have liked this game as much if they had shown his death like Brie.
    2) They want to keep that option open. It has happened before. If you don't see them die on screen, you can assume they are still alive.

    I agree with everything else, but I still have hope for Kenny. I would be happy to just see a cameo of him, zombie or corpse.

    The bullet thing isn't true, I saved several bullets from the house and Lee still told Kenny that he was out.
  • edited January 2013
    Riadon wrote: »
    The bullet thing isn't true, I saved several bullets from the house and Lee still told Kenny that he was out.

    Huh, I just saw someone say that if you agree with him and leave you can give him your remaining bullets but I guess they were full of shiznizzle
  • edited January 2013
    Mornai wrote: »

    Kenny can say he considers Lee and co. family("My family's gone, but i know i can feel even more alone"), but he pretty much loses all of them too. He knows Lee is bitten, and after seeing that the balcony had pierced Ben he knew he was dead as well. I doubt he held Omid & Christa in nearly as much regard to the rest, as evidenced by their arguments in the manor and at the beginning of ep 4.

    There was still a chance that Clem was alive and that he could have taken care of her. The girl who was like a daughter to his best friend.

    I'm just saying :p
  • edited January 2013
    Huh, I just saw someone say that if you agree with him and leave you can give him your remaining bullets but I guess they were full of shiznizzle

    I just tested it, and it's true. I kept all 5 bullets in the mansion shootout and Lee said "just a few" when Kenny asked if he had any, i said okay and he gave them to Kenny. There was still only a single shot fired, however.
This discussion has been closed.