1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Vainamoinen;768633 said:
    [ redacted ]
    :D.
  • I would like to hear CDPR's reasoning for authorizing a better price on a service that isn't their own personal distribution service.
  • Farlander;768630 said:
    It's funny how you can get Witcher 2 cheaper on Steam right now. Usually it's the other way around when it comes to games that are both on GoG and on Steam (at least in my personal experience based on the games I bought).
    It depends on the game, and the sale.

Usually, Steam's sales seem mark games down by much more than does GOG.

King's Bounty Crossworlds GOTY on GOG (which includes Armored Princess) is $25, while King's Bounty Crossworlds on Steam (which does not), and Armored Princess, are $20 each.

On the other hand, Steam has King's Quest 1-7 bundled for $20, while GOG has bundled KQ1-3, KQ4-6, and KQ7-8, for $10 each.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Telltale's games seem to be the most expensive adventure games on either Steam or GOG, and that it's Steam and GOG's sales that actually bring TTG's prices down into the realm of the standard prices for other adventure games.
  • Chyron8472;768638 said:
    On the other hand, Steam has King's Quest 1-7 bundled for $20, while GOG has bundled KQ1-3, KQ4-6, and KQ7-8, for $10 each.
    Those are only 10€ in Germany but 30$ on GoG.
    And no. TTG's games aren't the most expansive adventure games on Steam. At least not in Germany.
  • der_ketzer;768639 said:
    And no. TTG's games aren't the most expansive adventure games on Steam. At least not in Germany.
    It would seem that they are, here in the States.

And I'd say that EVERYTHING TTG ever put out beats this game to the ground. Well maybe not JDTMTQTE or BTTF.
  • What? Why is it that much? (It's $80 here.)
  • Chyron8472;768661 said:
    What? Why is it that much? (It's $80) here.
    It used to be 20$ but it always was 40€. I think they srewed something up after the Christmas sale. 80$ is obscene. But 40€ when it was 20$ was obscene too.

Edit: Ah. It's only available in the Daedalic bundle and 80$ is the price of the whole bundle (which costs 100€ over here. I just thought I'd mention that...
    One of the many colourful reasons I haven't spent money on daedalic Steam games last year or will do so this year.
  • Today's New/Indie Gem Promo is the MSX-hard Metroidvania game La-Mulana for 60% off. However, that's not the end of the update! GOG has launched a new "buy bundle" feature on their store, where you can get a discount on certain games by buying all the games in the franchise! As of right now, the following game series have discounted bundles associated with them:

7th Guest
    Alone in the Dark
    Atlantis
    Gabriel Knight
    Journeyman Project
    Kings' Quest
    Space Quest
    Longest Journey
    Little Big Adventure
    Phantasmagoria
    Wadjet Eye Adventures
    Runaway Series
    Sam & Max Series
    Simon the Sorcerer
    Still Life
    Syberia
    Tex Murphy
    Zork

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what the sale price is for each series, however that may change if and when this feature leaves beta. Also, a cool feature of these bundles is that, if you already own some games in the bundle, you can buy the rest of the bundle at an even more reduced price.
Add Comment