User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 447.3K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Chyron8472;768628 said:
    Which device is that?
    RetroVortex;768637 said:
    A Nexus 10?
    Bingo.
  • Rather Dashing;768656 said:
    Bingo.
    Ah.

I wish I had a Nexus tablet instead of my stupid iPad.
  • Chyron8472;768665 said:
    I wish my Nexus tablet had an app ecosystem that provided better tablet apps. I also wish that Comixology wouldn't keep reserving their "Retina Display"-quality comics to the iPad when the Nexus 10 display goes toe-to-toe with the new iPad screen. I wish I'd stop seeing web content designed for iPads that doesn't work on the Nexus 10 due to some arbitrary distinction in how the iPad and the Nexus 10 render web content.

And I wish that the interface on the Nexus 10 better acknowledged that it was a massive block in my hands and that porting over the phone interface with minimal changes is a bad idea, and I wish I didn't have to go through arcane hacks and modifications just to do the reasonable thing that they got right at the start and move the navigation buttons to one side rather than placing them at the center which NO HUMAN FINGER is equipped to reach with any level of comfort when your tablet is the size of the Nexus 10.
  • Rather Dashing;768656 said:
    Bingo.
    Heh. I thought it was a nexus, since you related it to that discussion, but then i realised it was a different shape and size, so I thought it may have been the 10 model, and I then googled a picture, and saw it matched so I took a gamble on it. :P
  • The Walking Dead is a pretty good game.
  • Chyron8472;768665 said:
    Ah.

I feel you, but I really can't complain considering I got it for free.
  • I wish I was in the nexus.
  • corruptbiggins;768713 said:
    I wish I was in the nexus.
    Me too!

• I don't think I wanna be in the Nexus. Or even be near them. Or even be seen near them. Or even be seen looking at them.
  • Just listen to this and get teary eyed.
    http://youtu.be/d2FUA0JcJ90
This discussion has been closed.