[SPOILERS] TWDG easter eggs / references / hidden jokes?

1235»

Comments

  • edited January 2013
    nice and how about the "hidden scene" where Duck turns into a zombie and murders everyone and then throws you off the train..
  • edited January 2013
    Since she ran off to meet radio man Lee went to find her. Resulting in the bite and his death.
  • edited January 2013
    Rock114 wrote: »
    Trusting Campman, and getting kidnapped by him, indirectly caused Lee to get bitten. Then when everyone went to look for her at the hospital, Vernon stole the boat. The entire group got screwed because Clem trusted this guy, and Lee, Kenny, and Ben (Determinant) all died because of it. Omid and Christa are still MIA.

    Come on, that's like saying the holocaust happened because Mr. and Mrs. Hitler were horny.
  • edited January 2013
    JordyLicht wrote: »
    Come on, that's like saying the holocaust happened because Mr. and Mrs. Hitler were horny.

    Aren't they indirectly responsible?
  • edited January 2013
    Aren't they indirectly responsible?


    Don't even get started on that. Thats stupid. Nobody can know how someone will be as adult.
  • edited January 2013
    Rock114 wrote: »
    Trusting Campman, and getting kidnapped by him, indirectly caused Lee to get bitten. Then when everyone went to look for her at the hospital, Vernon stole the boat. The entire group got screwed because Clem trusted this guy, and Lee, Kenny, and Ben (Determinant) all died because of it. Omid and Christa are still MIA.

    Pretty much sums it up. A majority of the deaths in this game are caused by the stupidity of kids.
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    Pretty much sums it up. A majority of the deaths in this game are caused by the stupidity of kids.

    You can always trace it further than that. Clem wouldn't have trusted him if he had never began talking to her in the first place. Or perhaps it was Carley/Doug's fault, had they not given Clem the batteries for her walkie talkie at the end of episode 2, she would have never been able to talk to the stranger in the first place.

    There is never a single cause to events like these. Except for Ben.
  • edited January 2013
    Lol except for Ben! Haha nice
  • edited January 2013
    Mornai wrote: »
    You can always trace it further than that. Clem wouldn't have trusted him if he had never began talking to her in the first place. Or perhaps it was Carley/Doug's fault, had they not given Clem the batteries for her walkie talkie at the end of episode 2, she would have never been able to talk to the stranger in the first place.

    There is never a single cause to events like these. Except for Ben.

    Or Lee for giving her the walkie-talkie back in episode 4. Clementine bringing all this on herself somehow makes Lee's death easier to handle.
  • edited January 2013
    dinofire wrote: »
    Just a list of easter eggs and allusions I found in episode 5 C:

    Easter Eggs:
    Randy Tudor (Powerful 'stache)
    Found by talking to Kenny 5(6?) times in the dead couple's room

    Allusions:

    You start and end the game in handcuffs. (determinant)

    You start the game killing a zombie caretaker/babysitter, only to become one yourself.

    The game starts and ends with a child indirectly causing the death of an adult who has saved their life. (Duck/Shawn and Clem/Lee)

    The game starts with Clem handing Lee a weapon (hammer) and ends with Lee handing Clem a weapon (baseball bat)

    The game starts and ends with you being near and then killing a zombie police officer.

    Will add more :D


    interesting observations. what about the Easter eggs though?
  • edited January 2013
    Mornai wrote: »
    There is never a single cause to events like these. Except for Ben.

    Even Ben's actions were not a single cause for events.

    He wasn't on Lilly's hands when she pulled the trigger on Carley/Doug. And she did threaten to toss him on his ass as soon as he walked into the motel.

    And he didn't kill Larry with Kenny (and potentially Lee).
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    Even Ben's actions were not a single cause for events.

    He wasn't on Lilly's hands when she pulled the trigger on Carley/Doug. And she did threaten to toss him on his ass as soon as he walked into the motel.

    And he didn't kill Larry with Kenny (and potentially Lee).

    He did pull the hatchet from the doors, though, and abandoned Clementine in the streets. Though i suppose the doors could have broken down from the force eventually, so agreed then.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    Even Ben's actions were not a single cause for events.

    He wasn't on Lilly's hands when she pulled the trigger on Carley/Doug. And she did threaten to toss him on his ass as soon as he walked into the motel.

    And he didn't kill Larry with Kenny (and potentially Lee).

    Larry was dead anyway. Plus he's an asshole. Who cares?
  • edited January 2013
    I do. I don't like people being killed and try to avoid it, even when I know its a part of the universe.
  • edited January 2013
    Larry was dead anyway. Plus he's an asshole. Who cares?

    But but but but, I love Launchpad McQuack...
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    Larry was dead anyway. Plus he's an asshole. Who cares?

    Lilly
  • edited January 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSc4T7IxE0

    Here's the Randy Todour spiel, for those interested.

    I wonder if the guy who started the thread, also made this video? He calls it an easter egg in the video, too.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSc4T7IxE0

    Here's the Randy Todour spiel, for those interested.

    I wonder if the guy who started the thread, also made this video? He calls it an easter egg in the video, too.

    I'm interested in how this guy found out about it. I wonder how many times he talked to characters 5 times in a row before finding this. O.o
  • edited January 2013
    Mornai wrote: »
    I'm interested in how this guy found out about it. I wonder how many times he talked to characters 5 times in a row before finding this. O.o
    It was hinted.
  • edited February 2013
    For anyone who is interested, I've made a video including some easter eggs for Episode 3 of the game, including zombie Duck :cool:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_E9v68mKc

    For just Zombie duck go here

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w0AFLuHzCiU
  • edited February 2013
    I'm sure most people already know about all of this, but nice video anyway.
  • edited February 2013
    The video was published in august 2012. Trying to get some money-worth-while views here?
  • edited February 2013
    The video was published in august 2012. Trying to get some money-worth-while views here?

    Well trying to get more people to my channel. I'm making some new videos with my fan fiction. Getting some friends together to voice act. But yes I'm trying to get some subs!
  • edited June 2013
    MakersWax wrote: »
    This is one game where I'm more pleased not to run across Easter eggs or pop culture references. It just isn't the right atmosphere for it and would detract significantly from the world they're trying to create.

    I agree! The achievements bugged me, a lot of them are silly puns and often flash up at a very emotional or dramatic moment. I like puns but that is definitely not the time.
  • edited June 2013
    The achievements all have multiply meanings, just like the show which is a nice feature.
  • edited June 2013
    Duckapocalypse!
  • edited June 2013
    lol
    We even put it in the game? Put something the fans could be excited about, nobody cares about you guys, no offence!
  • edited April 2014

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA I legit could NOT stop laughing at this comment about the holocaust being caused because Mr and Mrs hitler were horny hahahaha

    JordyLicht posted: »

    Rock114 wrote: » Trusting Campman, and getting kidnapped by him, indirectly caused Lee to get bitten. Then when everyone went to l

Sign in to comment in this discussion.