User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 77.8K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Adore this one.

Oh, if only I hadn't spent so much money on random XBox games...
  • FitzoliverJ;769459 said:
    There's already a conspiracy theory that the reason that focus of the final T-Shirt has not yet been revealed is because there will be a new Doctor by December....*

* if true, this is a bit of an own-goal on the part of the people who sign off on the merchandising....
    To add fuel to the fire, wasn't Matt's original contract only for three series? Maybe that's the reason for the split series and lengthy gaps- so his doctor lasts until the anniversary.

Also, the dark bunny tees are awesome. I love the ones from Series 7A from the BBC shop.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Ribs;769171 said:
    Also, fun-fact; Richard E. Grant's Doctor Who is exactly as canon as Rowan Atkinson's, Tom Baker's, and David Tennant's
    Canon is a silly concept anyway. The only legitimate reason to try to keep some kind of canon is to keep continuity errors from happening, and in a show where the main character travels through time and space, it's really simple to come up with logical in-universe reasons for any perceived contradiction.
    Ribs;769532 said:
    Exciting. I really want to see Captain Jack interact with the 11th doctor. :)
  • Ribs;769532 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... maybe we'll be spared, perhaps that thing above his head will fall down and knock 'em both out?
  • That "thing above his head" would be a support beam for the ceiling. It is unlikely to fall. Also, it's quite a distance back from where he's standing.
  • Alcoremortis;769652 said:
    That "thing above his head" would be a support beam for the ceiling. It is unlikely to fall. Also, it's quite a distance back from where he's standing.
    No, you're not thinking fourth-dimensionally! It's dimensionally transcendantal.
  • I doubt that over any amount of time will that support beam crawl over to this part of the ceiling.
  • At least someone's willing to pay £0.99 for them.
Add Comment