1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The classic Gem Promo this week is Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 at 60% off. I loved the original as a kid, I wonder if this one is any different.
  • It's very much the same as the original, just with a few tweaks and enhancements.

They justified releasing it as a sequel by revealing Chris Sawyer completely rewrote the code for the game. Doesn't stop it from feeling exactly the bloody same, but whatever.
  • The physics are a little bit heavier on some coasters, meaning some coasters don't import that well.
  • In the first of two releases on GOG, we have Zafehouse: Diaries. I have NO idea what this is, so I'm just going to say it's some kind of zombie game, and it's $9.99. But I DO know that the other release is Worms Forts: Under Siege for $5.99, and it's a Worms game. Well, it's a 3D Worms game, so draw your own conclusions on its quality.

You know, it's the weird corrolations that get to me. We have a new Team 17 game, who made one of the "we don't speak of these" Leisure Suit Larry games, and we're getting new stuff from Codemasters, who owns the Larry IP now... AND GOG's promoting a special valentines release that has a type of "happy ending". I'm trying not to get hyped for more Larry, but they're making it so hard.
  • Gibbeynator;770056 said:
    You know, it's the weird corrolations that get to me. We have a new Team 17 game, who made one of the "we don't speak of these" Leisure Suit Larry games, and we're getting new stuff from Codemasters, who owns the Larry IP now... AND GOG's promoting a special valentines release that has a type of "happy ending". I'm trying not to get hyped for more Larry, but they're making it so hard.
    It sure would be awesome if you're right though. I really loved that one and the CyberSniff 2000 that came with it was a nice touch. I've still got the game in the original box at my mom's house, so I'm not likely to get it again, but I think it's one of the classics that holds up well even today.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think we're both talking about LSL 7, since that's the only one not currently on GOG.
  • Gibbeynator;770056 said:
    Worms Forts: Under Siege for $5.99, and it's a Worms game. Well, it's a 3D Worms game, so draw your own conclusions on its quality.
    Works Forts is somewhat of an inversion of your standard Worms gameplay.

In normal Worms games, you're trying to destroy the other players. In Worms Forts, as well as this, you're trying to destroy the other player's FORTS (hence the name). There's a focus on building defences and weapons, and it's a very odd departure from the standard formula.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Oh, great, I will immediately buy th...

....ahhhh wait. SYSTEM. Not BIO.
  • Gibbeynator;770070 said:
    System Shock 2 on GOG. That is all.
    Finally... Sjees, I've been waiting for that forever!
    This is really good news. I'm hoping for an HD update.
  • Gibbeynator;770070 said:
    System Shock 2 on GOG. That is all.
    I've kinda stopped doing this since I became a mod, but...

Add Comment