1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Looks like this is shaping up to be GOG's fastest selling game of all time. 16 hours since launch, and it's pretty high up on GOG's best-seller list. As of this posting, the game is sitting pretty between Another World and the first Broken Sword.
  • Why didn't they put the first game up, anyway? Because of the rights issues? Are the rights for both games not the same?
  • MusicallyInspired;770959 said:
    Why didn't they put the first game up, anyway? Because of the rights issues? Are the rights for both games not the same?
    Who knows. It sounds like they might have only gotten the distribution rights to System Shock 2, and maybe they'll talk if that one does well. Of course, since it's sitting at roughly 127th place out of 505, it'd be crazy if they weren't at least talking.
  • Lame Valentine's day promo getting you down? Well, you need to get you some cRPGs, stat! What better way to celebrate the most requested RPG on GOG launching, than with an RPG SALE! Half off things like Divinity, Gothic, The Witcher and more.

And here's This Week in GOG for your recap and next game clue. Sounds like we're getting a sports game next.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Chyron8472;770900 said:
    This all despite the fact that these old games are still almost certainly playable right out of the box, come with extra pdf manuals and soundtracks, have no DRM, and free you from the need to keep up with any discs in order to play them?
    Vainamoinen;770873 said:
    Depends on what has to be done with the game to get it running
    Sometimes, you will have to listen to people.
  • MusicallyInspired;770959 said:
    Why didn't they put the first game up, anyway? Because of the rights issues? Are the rights for both games not the same?
    From the RPS interview, I got the impression that System Shock 2's digital distribution rights were only leased from the insurance company that now owns the Looking Glass share. The rights are still a horrible clusterfuck and haven't reverted to or been purchased by anybody.
  • Makes me wonder how long GOG can be allowed to continue selling SS2.
  • Chyron8472;771047 said:
    Makes me wonder how long GOG can be allowed to continue selling SS2.
    If it keeps selling as well as it's selling, I can't see them pulling it any time soon. Still, given the volatile rights issues, best to grab it while you can.
  • Monday Gem Promo time! Get 60% off classic adventure game Sanitarium, which was overtaken on the best sellers list by System Shock 2 back on Saturday.

Edit: And I missed this one when I did the update, but here it is anyway; GOG has a new pricing structure for classic games! Don't worry, this isn't the much dreaded "50% anticipation tax", rather, it's a new $3.99 and $6.99 price point.
  • Well, that's a nice idea. Shame I already own all the games they've reduced the price for that I'd want though.
Add Comment