- In episode 1 there was no real leader of the group as they had all just met in the Drug Store.
- In episode 2 both Kenny and Lily were battling for the leadership. Lee had to choose a side in the power struggle but there was no option where he could volunteer himself to be the leader.
- In episode 3 it is still between Kenny/Lily for the leadership. After Lily's departure Kenny then pretty much becomes the leader saying that they are going to stick with his boat plan.
- In episode 4 Kenny has withdrawn somewhat from his leadership role because of his families death,so Lee does slightly become more of a leader in the group. When Clem finds the boat Kenny's hope is restored and he becomes somewhat more of a leader again.
- In episode 5 there is no clear leader because generally the group is working together to save Clem. Although you could argue in the attic Kenny becomes a bit more of a leader again when he is telling Lee how things are gonna be if he takes another turn for the worse.
I would have liked the opportunity for Lee to become the leader of the group, a thing which Carley thought he would be good at because as she said in episode 2 that people looked up to him. Rick had his RICKTATORSHIP, it would have been nice for Lee to have a LEEDERSHIP.
Hopefully in season 2 the protagonist will have this opportunity. Your thoughts?