1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Had my eye on Shadowgrounds, but after reading about the nonexistent save system, I won't buy it. This is exactly what ruined the Twisted Realities for me.

Nope... I'm just too old for games that force me to two hour sessions.
  • Kind of sad to see Outcast considered unpopular enough to warrant a price cut. That game was way ahead of its time but also never really got popular.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I bought and tried it when I started with gog.com... but the controls were just too clunky for me. I couldn't get into it - I do see where the fascination came from though.
  • Yeah. I got really far into it back in the day. That was the original release, mind, not the GOG one.

Never finished it though. It did get a bit tedious after a while. Still good, mind.
  • Rather Dashing;771813 said:
    Kind of sad to see Outcast considered unpopular enough to warrant a price cut. That game was way ahead of its time but also never really got popular.
    I wouldn't call it "unpopular", if it's still within the top 40 best selling games on GOG.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Gibbeynator;771904 said:
    I wouldn't call it "unpopular", if it's still within the top 40 best selling games on GOG.
    I'd want more similar open world action adventures today. Third person has become far too unpopular IMHO.
  • Double classics today, folks. Start off with a classic... I think Apogee platformer, Hocus Pocus for $5.99. And, though it's an update day late, it's still a good Valentine's day game, get Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail for $5.99. Not awesome enough? How about a new installer for the Leisure Suit Larry 1-6 pack that actually includes the SVGA version of Larry 6?

I'm still convinced that this was supposed to be the Valentine's day game, but GOG and Night Dive managed to get everything ready to go earlier for System Shock 2.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Good news for Jennifer! ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Vainamoinen;771946 said:
    Good news for Jennifer! ;)
    Yes indeed. :) I haven't played Larry 7 since before I was the proper age to play it. :p And I never completed it either, so bonus!
    Gibbeynator;771945 said:
    And, though it's an update day late, it's still a good Valentine's day game, get Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail for $5.99. Not awesome enough? How about a new installer for the Leisure Suit Larry 1-6 pack that actually includes the SVGA version of Larry 6?
    Ooh, double bonus! I wasn't expecting GOG.com to add the SVGA version of Larry 6 to the Larry pack so soon. :D
  • Get your 80s on with the sprite based, open world crime game, Retro City Rampage. It's half off during today's Indie Gem Promo.
Add Comment