User Avatar Image

Should the St. John brothers return (if you let them live)?

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
I'm not too sure how much of a part they could play in season 2, since there's only so many different story paths Telltale could cram into five episodes, but should they make some kind of appearance regardless?

I think Telltale could make things a little easier on themselves by having the brothers show up as walkers, with a few minor differences depending on Lee's actions in the last game. One way or another, the farm was being overrun by zombies, and it's unlikely they would have escaped even if Lee allowed both brothers to live. If Lee killed Danny, for example, we'd see Walker-Danny appear with a pitchfork still impaled through his chest. Or if Lee shot Andrew through the head instead of kicking him into the fence, Walker-Andrew wouldn't appear at all. Little details like that wouldn't give Telltale too many grey hairs, but it would still give ongoing players a treat, so to speak.
33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Robert Morgan;772938 said:
    I'm not too sure how much of a part they could play in season 2, since there's only so many different story paths Telltale could cram into five episodes, but should they make some kind of appearance regardless?

I think Telltale could make things a little easier on themselves by having the brothers show up as walkers, with a few minor differences depending on Lee's actions in the last game. One way or another, the farm was being overrun by zombies, and it's unlikely they would have escaped even if Lee allowed both brothers to live. If Lee killed Danny, for example, we'd see Walker-Danny appear with a pitchfork still impaled through his chest. Or if Lee shot Andrew through the head instead of kicking him into the fence, Walker-Andrew wouldn't appear at all. Little details like that wouldn't give Telltale too many grey hairs, but it would still give ongoing players a treat, so to speak.
    No... No need...
  • I guess it's possible to see Walker Brenda or Walker Andy. Danny is chained up in the barn from the bear trap, so he ain't going anywhere. The other two are unlikely to wonder much farther than the farm or Macon. Unless Season 2 takes place in Macon again, or if alive Andy somehow made it out of there which is unlikely, then no we won't see them again.
  • They weren't really important enough to return in any fashion. Fan-service like this is nice when used in moderation, but when overdone it feels awkward and forced.
  • Riadon;772954 said:
    They weren't really important enough to return in any fashion. Fan-service like this is nice when used in moderation, but when overdone it feels awkward and forced.
    ^ This
  • if you are given the option of killing a character in an episode rest assured that character is dead and won't be returning. how would TT explain the sudden appearance of a character that a percentage of the audience killed in a previous episode? no the st johns are all dead and gone to their just rewards.
  • No, that'd be very unrealistic and unnecessary.
  • as for their showing up as walkers, I agree with what most have said, "Whats the point?".
  • Well, they brought back Walker Bri when all of the walkers stormed the mansion. So, it might be possible. However, it might cause too many problems when it comes to the path in the story.
This discussion has been closed.