User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 446.5K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • For those that believe life is a game of chance and luck.....what happens to them when they do something horrible...and suddenly their luck gets better than it's ever been.
  • Secret Fawful;773410 said:
    For those that believe life is a game of chance and luck.....what happens to them when they do something horrible...and suddenly their luck gets better than it's ever been.
    Life is like a game of Mario Party.
  • RetroVortex;773411 said:
    Life is like a game of Mario Party.
    But you can win Mario Party by doing nothing.
  • Secret Fawful;773413 said:
    But you can win Mario Party by doing nothing.
    If your parents are rich enough you can do that.
  • Christoph Waltz won and was classy as hell. Nothing else matters.
  • Secret Fawful;773429 said:
    Christoph Waltz won and was classy as hell. Nothing else matters.
    In agreement here. After Django, I just wanted him to have a shiny trophy for his wall.

That man needs to be in every movie ever.
  • ParaNorman was robbed. :-(
  • Alcoremortis;773433 said:
    In agreement here. After Django, I just wanted him to have a shiny trophy for his wall.

That man needs to be in every movie ever.
    He got one for Basterds. Playing that ET music to send him off? WHY? Screw Brave.
  • With respects to everyone at Pixar, including Mr. Purcell, I really hoped Laika would have been recognized.
  • Secret Fawful;773438 said:
    He got one for Basterds. Playing that ET music to send him off? WHY? Screw Brave.
    I know. He's just going to get one every year until he becomes the first man with a special Oscar rack.

And I quite liked Brave. I don't expect everyone to have liked it because it has a very specific message, but it gave that message really well to the people who it was meant for. And by that, I mean mothers and daughters. If you aren't one of those, it would just be another movie for you. I mean, that movie did a mother daughter relationship so well that I was crying. Not at the end. In the middle.
This discussion has been closed.