User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 77.8K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Vainamoinen;773384 said:
    Errr... I haven't yet watched Seasons 6 and 7.

I guess I will have to expect more than five Daleks, but...

...is K-9 somewhere in there?!?
    K-9 is not actually in any eleventh doctor episodes (yet?), but the Doctor does make a passing comment about him in series 7.
  • But the Doctor did show up in Sarah Jane Adventures... and K-9 was there... I think? Maybe?

My memory is lousy these days.
  • Alcoremortis;773564 said:
    But the Doctor did show up in Sarah Jane Adventures... and K-9 was there... I think? Maybe?

My memory is lousy these days.
    K-9's in the other sector of the galaxy in SJA as he was busy in Australia doing his own spin-off. K9 did appear in the Wedding of Sarah Jane with David Tennant, though.
  • Vainamoinen;773508 said:
    Season 6 arrived today. I'm really looking forward to it.
    Oddly enough so did mine. It's a decent series, but not as good as Season 5. The Opening Two-Parter and "The Doctor's Wife" are really awesome. Amongst my favourites in new who. The rest are good, but forgettable.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Visiting the pirates now. THAT's not the one I was looking forward to. The X-mas Carol episode however, best stuff ever. ;)
  • Over on Digital Spy's forums, there's a couple of snippets - David Tennant is apparently on the verge of giving up hope of being asked to return for the 50th Anniversary, but Louise Jameson has been told by "they" to keep days free...

Of course, for all we know, "they" could be her dentists, and she could've been asked to keep days free so they can fit her in for a check-up... :confused:
  • Now that David has said he has given up hope I am sure as hell he is coming back.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    FitzoliverJ;774004 said:
    David Tennant is apparently on the verge of giving up hope of being asked to return for the 50th Anniversary
    But DID THEY ASK HIS WIFE? :o
  • David Tennant giving up hope? It's like the man has never even seen Galaxy Quest!
Add Comment