User Avatar Image

KQ7 isn't really a "Roberta" game....

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users
If you read through the credits of KQ7, you'll find Robera was barely involved in the game. The credits are rewritten here in the order they are in the booklet:

Designed by:
Lorelei Shannon
Roberta Williams

Written by:
Lorelei Shannon

Directed by:
Andy Hoyos
Lorelei Shannon
Roberta Williams

Producer:
Mark Seibert

Voice Director:
Lorelei Shannon
75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lambonius;774619 said:
    Hero worship based on ignorance.
    Ignorance of what, exactly? It's not hero worship, more respect and admiration for a woman who created many classic games and had a big hand in crafting the adventure genre.
  • Respect would be leaving her and her legacy alone, and moving on to something different.

Bt
  • Anakin Skywalker;774642 said:
    Ignorance of what, exactly?
    Ignorance of any of the actual inside workings or design process of Sierra, beyond what was described in press releases and officially sanctioned interviews. Add to that naivete of the fact that the "cult of Roberta" was clearly a very carefully crafted PR campaign designed to sell more games based on name recognition, just like the "cult of Jane Jensen" or the Two Guys From Andromeda. Star power sells. That's why no one beyond hardcore Sierra nerds knows who Lorelei Shannon or Josh Mandel are, among others.
  • Blackthorne519;774651 said:
    Respect would be leaving her and her legacy alone, and moving on to something different.

Bt
    I really don't think she cares either way. Now you've gone from "I don't care, I've moved on" to "I want to ensure KQ stays dead, no matter what anyone else feels." Odd that you care so much.
  • Lambonius;774652 said:
    Ignorance of any of the actual inside workings or design process of Sierra, beyond what was described in press releases and officially sanctioned interviews. Add to that naivete of the fact that the "cult of Roberta" was clearly a very carefully crafted PR campaign designed to sell more games based on name recognition, just like the "cult of Jane Jensen" or the Two Guys From Andromeda. Star power sells. That's why no one beyond hardcore Sierra nerds knows who Lorelei Shannon or Josh Mandel are, among others.
    So, basically, you're saying Roberta was a hack from day one? No credit whatsoever?
  • Anakin Skywalker;774663 said:
    So, basically, you're saying Roberta was a hack from day one? No credit whatsoever?
    Well, she did do some pretty nice graphics for Mystery House.
  • Lambonius;774667 said:
    Well, she did do some pretty nice graphics for Mystery House.
    Wow. So, Roberta had little to nothing to do with KQ1-5?
  • Anakin Skywalker;774669 said:
    Wow. So, Roberta had little to nothing to do with KQ1-5?
    I wouldn't say that. Her name and face on the back of the box helped sell games. At least after KQ1.
  • Lambonius;774673 said:
    I wouldn't say that. Her name and face on the back of the box helped sell games. At least after KQ1.
    I think you've gone off the deep end.
  • He's more right than you're willing to admit, though the presence of hyperbole is not exaggerated (no pun intended).
Add Comment