1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So, the classic Gem Promo is Psychonauts. Only get this version if you really, REALLY, want to experience the game as originally intended. Otherwise, grab it on Steam for enhanced controller support, achievements and a much easier final dungeon.
  • Gibbeynator;775017 said:
    So, the classic Gem Promo is Psychonauts. Only get this version if you really, REALLY, want to experience the game as originally intended. Otherwise, grab it on Steam for enhanced controller support, achievements and a much easier final dungeon.
    Bought despite owning it several times already. It's hard to resist when it's only the price of a can of beer, and I'm curious about the included artwork.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Gibbeynator;775017 said:
    So, the classic Gem Promo is Psychonauts. Only get this version if you really, REALLY, want to experience the game as originally intended. Otherwise, grab it on Steam for enhanced controller support, achievements and a much easier final dungeon.
    You can update the GOG version too with an unofficial patch. This updates the game to have all the Steam changes (including an easier Meat Circus), except for Steam Achievements of course.
  • I want Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 to go on sale, because I have today decided that I probably ought to play them.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Jennifer;775051 said:
    You can update the GOG version too with an unofficial patch. This updates the game to have all the Steam changes (including an easier Meat Circus), except for Steam Achievements of course.
    The enhanced gamepad support is in another unofficial patch, which is available here. If you combine the two patches together, you'll get the full experience that you would get on Steam (minus Steam achievements).

It also works on the original retail version, if you still own that. :)
  • What happened, did GOG sign a new deal with 3D Realms or something? We've got another classic Apogee platformer in the way of Realms of Chaos for $5.99. Also, we've got new-school, old-school platformer Waking Mars for the launch price of $4.99.
  • Aw man, I remember Realms of Chaos!

...well, kinda. I remember the woman. God, it was so long ago...
  • Yee haw, pardners, y'all best be interested in today's Indie Gem Promo, it takes you all the way to Texas. Not that fake Texas, but The Real Texas, and for 60% off boy howdy.

And now that I've successfully enraged everyone from Texas with my poor cowboy imitation, I'd like to point out that Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone got an update. At least, that game did, I can't tell if anything else got updated.

Edit: Heh, GOG is trying to capitalize on the SimCity 5 DRM issues in an attempt to advertise SimCity 2000.
  • More semi old games for you today. You can get The Settlers 3: Ultimate Edition, which has all the expansions, for only $9.99. Also, check out the third person hack-n-slasher Blade of Darkness from Codemasters, for only $5.99.
  • A-ha! It was The Settlers 3! Boosh!
Add Comment