User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter/Crowdfunding thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 33.2K users
Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!
1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was just going to say that.

For RPG fans, Lord British, creator of the Ultima series, has a kickstarter for a new game called Shroud of the Avatar.

EDIT: Not sure if it's an MMO.

EDIT AGAIN: People are talking about it in the Torment KS comments. Many are skeptical either because it's unclear what level of online play is involved, or because the more recent single-player Ultima games weren't any good.
  • Chyron8472;776118 said:
    I was just going to say that.

For RPG fans, Lord British, creator of the Ultima series, has a kickstarter for a new game called Shroud of the Avatar.

EDIT AGAIN: People are talking about it in the Torment KS comments. Many are skeptical either because it's unclear what level of online play is involved, or because the more recent single-player Ultima games weren't any good.
    I took what they said to mean "It's like Torchlight 2, where there's seperate online and offline modes".
  • Gibbeynator;776137 said:
    I took what they said to mean "It's like Torchlight 2, where there's seperate online and offline modes".
    If that's so, then Garriott needs to be more specific and claify that in a future update.
  • First alpha gameplay footage of Shadowrun Returns. Looks really good! I'm liking the stylish environments. Hoping animations get a bit better, but since it's an alpha it's hard to judge. Loving the systems though.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Look three posts up. ;)
  • Dammit somehow missed it.
  • Chyron8472;776118 said:

The page has been updated with a few more details about that.

Shroud of the Avatar general features:
    Multiplayer Online Game - which can also be played solo player / offline

Meaningful PVP that also minimizes griefing:
    An incentive-driven system will draw players into the challenge and intrigue of the PVP experience, whether they become the hunter or the hunted!

Scene based encounters:
    Scenes are generally re-playable and can be experienced solo or with others.

Will this be a MMO? Can I play with my friends?
    Yes, you will be able to play with your friends! Multiplayer games encourage social bonds that go far beyond what can be accomplished in a solo player game. I remember the depth of these bonds in players who met in-game only to get married in real life, how people who died in the real world were deeply mourned and celebrated by their online friends whom they may never have met face to face. Though Shroud of the Avatar won’t be a massively multiplayer online role playing game, it will be a multiplayer game. We will be describing this in more detail in our upcoming community blogs.
  • I doubt they make their goal.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    DAISHI;776200 said:
    I doubt they make their goal.
    They'll have to earn a lot yet, and success is far from certain, but kickstarters that are doomed from the start normally don't get 30% funded in the first two days.

BTW, the first tier is the best of its kind I have yet seen.
Add Comment