User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users
Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?
399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Seriously? This again? Kenny's gone. He had a hero's death, which most characters didn't have. I don't want my memory of him to be changed by having him back. About Lee, well, he got bit, he's gone.
  • Kaserkin;776233 said:
    Seriously? This again? Kenny's gone. He had a hero's death, which most characters didn't have. I don't want my memory of him to be changed by having him back. About Lee, well, he got bit, he's gone.
    OK that is a very fair opinion and that is what most people would think. I am just opening doors to new ideas. Sorry if this annoyed you in any way. Thanks for contributing and STAY AWESOME BRO! :)
  • Kaserkin;776233 said:
    Seriously? This again? Kenny's gone. He had a hero's death, which most characters didn't have. I don't want my memory of him to be changed by having him back. About Lee, well, he got bit, he's gone.
    His death seems very likely, however there is no evidence whatsoever that directly confirms it. Your refusal to accept this does not change the fact that he might be alive.

    Not to mention the fact that a scenario in which someone who was thought to have sacrificed themselves valiantly fighting off hordes of walkers and then later survived with nary a scratch has, in fact, happened in the Walking Dead universe before.

    For Lee, however, well... when the developer's themselves confirm a characters death, there is little room for doubt. It's their story and what they say does indeed go...
  • Mornai;776239 said:
    His death seems very likely, however there is no evidence whatsoever that directly confirms it. Your refusal to accept this does not change the fact that he might be alive.

    Not to mention the fact that a scenario in which someone who was thought to have sacrificed themselves valiantly fighting off hordes of walkers and then later survived with nary a scratch has, in fact, happened in the Walking Dead universe before.

    For Lee, however, well... when the developer's themselves confirm a characters death, there is little room for doubt. It's their story and what they say does indeed go...
    Thanks for the information bro I really appreciate it. It has helped me and I'm sure a lot of people out now knowing that Lee is dead. Shame. Hope you at least found my theory interesting. STAY AWESOME DUDE! :D
  • Well thought out theories which are possible! Kenny had a knack for getting out of tight spots,what if he did get away and was all to hell with them im finding a boat on my own,there was also that bridge to the right when Lee walks across it that joins up with the building,so it could off been the escape route,think about this,there are also options in other games like Metal Gear if you don't pass a test Meryl dies,but i recall seeing her in MGS4;) i think Lee is alive,and it could be one hell of a surprise!
  • Clemmy1;776245 said:
    Well thought out theories which are possible! Kenny had a knack for getting out of tight spots,what if he did get away and was all to hell with them im finding a boat on my own,there was also that bridge to the right when Lee walks across it that joins up with the building,so it could off been the escape route,think about this,there are also options in other games like Metal Gear if you don't pass a test Meryl dies,but i recall seeing her in MGS4;) i think Lee is alive,and it could be one hell of a surprise!
    Thanks for joining in and I totally agree with you. A game wouldn't be popular if there wasn't surprises that the viewer or gamer in this case wouldn't expect. It makes the gaming experience exciting and unique. So nice bro ;) STAY AWESOME :)
  • Wait?!?! kenny and lee are dead?!?! OMG MY WHOLE GAME RuINED FOR ME! WHY ISNT THIS IN SPOILER FOURMS!!! OMG IM SO SAD YOU RUINED IT!

    - People who havent finished the game. ( This isnt on the spoiler part )
  • aaron1290;776254 said:
    Wait?!?! kenny and lee are dead?!?! OMG MY WHOLE GAME RuINED FOR ME! WHY ISNT THIS IN SPOILER FOURMS!!! OMG IM SO SAD YOU RUINED IT!

    - People who havent finished the game. ( This isnt on the spoiler part )
    Sorry bro and no offence but you should really finish the game before checking out any forum on the subject. There is high risk of spoilers on any thread even if it isn't in the spoilers section. And my theory proves that they might NOT be ;) Anyway apologies bro :( STAY AWESOME!
  • *****SPOILERS, SPOILERS*******

    Ok, I would hate to ruin the ending of this game for anyone, so I had to add the spoiler notice at the top of my post. Although, judging by the rest of this thread and the title alone, it's probably already too late for that, heh.

    Anyway, my opinion regarding Lee has nothing to do with any sort of logic about whether or not he could potentially be alive. Rationalizing that maybe he passed out due to blood loss or Clem missed the shot, etc etc...none of that matters to me. The reason that Lee is dead and must remain dead is that if they brought him back it would ruin what is, in my opinion, the greatest ending to a video game that I have ever played (shoot me ending). It was one of the most dramatic scenes I have witnessed in any medium and to see it watered down by allowing Lee to live would sicken me.

    On the other hand, I am unsure about Kenny. I can see it go either way, but it wouldn't bother me if we never saw him again even though I enjoyed his character. They could leave it open to your imagination about whether he lived or died. Although, even if he did survive, it would be kind of far fetched that he would meet up with Clem again in the middle of nowhere, but you never know. I have seen crazier things happen, lol.
  • ***************Spoiler**************************************










    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=736301&postcount=1147

    Lee is confirmed dead. Kenny, however, may be alive.
This discussion has been closed.