User Avatar Image

Epic, big budget adventure game based on the Bible?

posted by MtnPeak on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
I think something like this could be pretty cool. It could do great business.

Have there been any adventure games like this before?
44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • JordyLicht;777002 said:
    there are some juicy stories in there
    Only if it's old testament. You know, the stories of wrath and vengeance. Didn't one dude's son screw prophecy, trick his father and go on to wealth and fame? His only come-uppance came many years later when he just lost that. I'd take that trade. That could be a dramatic game.
  • I wana play the story of Job where no matter what you do you lose.
  • coolsome;777006 said:
    no matter what you do you lose.
    ...Yeah, I've played PQ3 too.
  • coolsome;777006 said:
    I wana play the story of Job where no matter what you do you lose.
    I've played that game too. It's called Life. This is partly why I indulge myself in Adventure games.
  • A Bible game would be awesome, but only if they used the 2020 rewrite with the motorcycle chase in the middle of Leviticus.
  • Dante's inferno was pretty silly. I know it isn't the bible, but close enough. :p
  • Alcoremortis;777031 said:
    A Bible game would be awesome, but only if they used the 2020 rewrite with the motorcycle chase in the middle of Leviticus.
    Why would you put a chase sequence in Leviticus? The best you could do is craft an entirely new narrative based on inferences, since Leviticus isn't particularly narrative. A motorcycle chase would be far better used for adapting Exodus.
  • Great. Now you've got me thinking about a mashup between Prince of Egypt and Full Throttle.
  • Rather Dashing;777034 said:
    Why would you put a chase sequence in Leviticus? The best you could do is craft an entirely new narrative based on inferences, since Leviticus isn't particularly narrative. A motorcycle chase would be far better used for adapting Exodus.
    Jews on bikes roaming the desert.
  • Behold, the hand of the LORD is upon thy totally bitchin rides which are in the grage, upon the Harleys, upon the Yamahas, upon the Hondas, upon the Kawasakis, and upon the side cars: there shall be a very grievous murrain.

    Exodus 9:3

    Note: I seriously don't know anything about motorcycles. Replace "murrain" with some sort of motorcycle flu or something.
Add Comment