User Avatar Image

Epic, big budget adventure game based on the Bible?

posted by MtnPeak on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
I think something like this could be pretty cool. It could do great business.

Have there been any adventure games like this before?
44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The problem with adapting a book is that there is a good chance its going to be Hollywoodised to make it more marketable.

So Jonah and the Whale will eventually become Jonah: Whale Slayer

(Which...to me doesn't sound like a bad thing at all! XD)
  • RetroVortex;777113 said:
    So Jonah and the Whale will eventually become Jonah: Whale Slayer
    Not quite.

• Rather Dashing;777114 said:
    Not quite.

Your quite right. It can go the other way too... -_-
  • The reason I chose Leviticus is because it's probably the most boring book in there. Just a bunch of rules. A motorcycle chase would liven it up some.
  • Alcoremortis;777182 said:
    The reason I chose Leviticus is because it's probably the most boring book in there. Just a bunch of rules. A motorcycle chase would liven it up some.
    My bat mitzvah required me reading from Leviticus (you don't get to pick the sermon in Judaism, it's dictated by the date)- specifically on the proper exiling processes of lepers and the handicapped/infirm. Yeah.

There's a reason why Leviticus is not good source material.

Personally, the stories of David and Samson would make great action games. And Esther would be a great dating sim, honestly.
  • But wouldn't you prefer it if there was a motorcycle chase in there? Like, knock out a couple of rules that we don't really care about and stick in motorcycles?
  • Now I'm thinking about the fights on motorcycles in Full Throttle, only your character is driving off lepers who are hitting you with their own body parts.

It's gross and sacrilegious, but also kinda funny.
  • "Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit... my fist"

What has this thread become?
  • Oh I wish I were good at drawing/animation. I really want to do a WMM video for Youtube of The Chase in Exodus, using Slayer's Raining Blood as a soundtrack.
  • ....Actually, if you get a Bible game/movie made, there is a small chance you might be able to get Araya on board. He is Catholic.
Add Comment