User Avatar Image

I can guess what Telltale is going to do in S2...

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Horror sequels are always about topping their predecessors (unless they're DTV, of course). Doing things bigger, better, scarier. So, if Telltale were to top killing off the PC at the end of S1, how would they go about doing it?

By killing off the PC in mid-episode.

Why not? A lot of shit went down in part 3, where most of the original group was slaughtered. How else could Telltale up the ante besides axing the PC before part 3 is even over? Player control would then abruptly switch to another character in the group, and maybe it could even be a character Telltale has gone out of its way to make us hate, just to twist the knife.

Looking at the pattern of the game's story arcs so far, and the WALKING DEAD universe's one and only real rule - "anyone can get it any time" - don't be surprised if this comes to pass.
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm guessing the finale of the Walking Dead game as a whole will end with Clementine's death. If they want a tragic moment that will topple Lee's fall, that's probably one of the few things that can do it.
  • Mornai;777597 said:
    I'm guessing the finale of the Walking Dead game as a whole will end with Clementine's death. If they want a tragic moment that will topple Lee's fall, that's probably one of the few things that can do it.
    Kind of predictable though, as I've read this idea quite some times and drew the conclusion, that this is one of the very few things they could do myself some time ago... question is: will that fact keep them from doing it?

Lee being bitten came surprising and shocking to the majority of the players, but quite some people saw it coming though...

Can't tell what they're going to do...
  • When she dies.. So will I.
  • Corcline27;777601 said:
    When she dies.. So will I.
    That's why i could see it coinciding with the end of the game as a whole. They wouldn't need to worry about future games being affected by it since it would be the last installment.

Perhaps it is predictable, but who knows...
  • Kaserkin;777321 said:
    Come on. No more "protagonist death", its going to be compared to season 1.
    Agree. It will be very predictable and not interesting.
  • Mornai;777597 said:
    I'm guessing the finale of the Walking Dead game as a whole will end with Clementine's death. If they want a tragic moment that will topple Lee's fall, that's probably one of the few things that can do it.
    No one wants to think about it, but in the soul of everyone understands that in the end, it will happen.
  • zev_zev;777608 said:
    No one wants to think about it, but in the soul of everyone understands that in the end, it will happen.
    true words... :(
  • I don't know...

I know The Walking Dead was never set up for a fully happy finale, and the first season had one of the best endings I've ever seen because it was such a beautiful tragedy, but I just have trouble picturing any satisfying conclusion revolving around Clementine's death.
  • Mikejames;777615 said:
    I don't know...

I know The Walking Dead was never set up for a fully happy finale, and the first season had one of the best endings I've ever seen because it was such a beautiful tragedy, but I just have trouble picturing any satisfying conclusion revolving around Clementine's death.
    Depends on whether you mean satisfying in terms of the story coming to a worthy ending, or the death itself. Seeing her die would not be satisfying in any way, and they couldn't possibly write it to be satisfying for the player, but it would be a great ending, since it'd show, that in an apocalypse anyone can die, even kids, even Clementine. And the ending, and especially the part where she dies a probably nasty, painfull death would stay on your mind.

Sorry if grammar's wrong, but I'm not from an english-speaking country, and it's a little late here and I've got quite a headache :D :o
  • Clem dying would pretty much ruin the whole game for me. I mean yeah, this is "The Walking Dead universe", and I realize that "no one is safe", but come on, it's still a work of fiction. That doesn't mean everyone has to die like in real life. Bring some more meaning to their journey.. don't make it some absurd ending where everyone just dies.

If the game ends with her dying, fuck it. I won't be satisfied at all. I'd rather see something more creative than that.. something more hopeful. Not a happy ending, per se.. just something a little more creative than senselessly killing everyone.
This discussion has been closed.