User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 79K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I would buy Tomb Raider if it was on gog.com.

But it's not.
  • Darth Marsden;777763 said:
    Just a heads up, Football over here is a game where you actually kick a ball around with your foot, not one where you carry it around with your hands. We call that one Rugby.

;)
    Pretty sure that's the case in the entire civilized part of the world, including Denmark. ;)
  • Well, just in case you thought we were silly, like those crazy Americans. :p
  • Chyron8472;777804 said:
    I would buy StarCraft 2 if it was on Steam.

But it's not.
    I would rebuy every Blizzard game if they were on steam. Well I wouldn't rebuy WoW and Diablo III. But the others.
  • Darth Marsden;777763 said:
    Just a heads up, Football over here is a game where you actually kick a ball around with your foot, not one where you carry it around with your hands. We call that one Rugby.

;)
    flesk;777842 said:
    Pretty sure that's the case in the entire civilized part of the world, including Denmark. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football#Use_of_the_word_.22football.22

The word "football", when used in reference to a specific game can mean any one of those described above. Because of this, much friendly controversy has occurred over the term football, primarily because it is used in different ways in different parts of the English-speaking world. Most often, the word "football" is used to refer to the code of football that is considered dominant within a particular region. So, effectively, what the word "football" means usually depends on where one says it.

Association football is known generally as soccer where other codes of football are dominant, including: the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. American football is always football in the United States. In francophone Quebec, where Canadian football is more popular, the Canadian code is known as football and association football is known as le soccer. Of the 45 national FIFA affiliates in which English is an official or primary language, most currently use Football in their organizations' official names. The FIFA affiliates in Canada and the United States use Soccer in their names.
  • Quit being a nerd, Chyron.

Last bought... uh, Ibuprofen. Oh, and a kid's book about Caesar for my Mum as a joke.
  • A bunch of games from that GoG sale. Hopefully stuff that I'll be able to play at some point.

My collection is coming for your collection, Coolsome.
  • Darth Marsden;777880 said:
    Quit being a nerd, Chyron.
    Why does this make me laugh... :D

Anyway, all I did was copy and paste.
Add Comment