User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 15.3K users
So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.
695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ZeroShoot;778444 said:
    well... it's before the show, so the very beginning of the apocalypse, seems like they don't know how bad a bite is just yet.
    Keeping the mind calm is usually preferred than going nuts. Sometime's really hard to be in such condition admittedly.
  • The game is listed on Steam, due to come out on the 19th. So I'm not sure if that article I posted about the PC version being cancelled was bad, or if Activision changed their mind.

The marketing, or lack thereof, of this game has been really weird. Especially considering all the reviews I've been reading haven't been bad. They haven't been great either, but it's not looking like it will be the disaster I was predicting. I'll wait for a price drop or sale on this one.
  • If it's on PC, I'll think about it and wait a discount.
  • On PC?

I expect modders to improve the game where needed. :p
  • Phil_TWD;778612 said:
    On PC?

I expect modders to improve the game where needed. :p
    Mods are awesome, but you can't really fix a game that is fundamentally broken, especially when no mod tools are provided.
  • So from everything I've heard from all sorts of different sources, this is a not bad, not great, completely average zombie shooter that probably would have been an XBLA game if not for the seemingly unexpected popularity of the Telltale game. Close?
  • Gibbeynator;778641 said:
    So from everything I've heard from all sorts of different sources, this is a not bad, not great, completely average zombie shooter that probably would have been an XBLA game if not for the seemingly unexpected popularity of the Telltale game. Close?
    I haven't found an XBLA (Arcade) that stands up as being a decent shooter, they all try to be like Call of Duty and Battlefield, but because they have a lower budget and less resources the result isn't quite what they expected.

However, if it were to be on XBLA, it'd probably cost around 1600 MSP ($20), 2100 MSP ($26) or more.

I prefer retail disc game collections because they're on disc, although I don't avoid XBLA titles, I've bought a couple of them.
  • Riadon;778415 said:
    Definitely not worth $50.
    Actual retail price is around $40. It's up for pre-order on Amazon for $37.49.

As has been stated, the gameplay, graphics and voice acting looks pretty dang subpar. I'd just be interested in it for the backstory it provides.
  • *double post error timing forum*
  • Here is The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Gameplay and First 20 minutes first look

Conclusion: Tell Tale is 1000% better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuuXOSVfns
    [yt]3zuuXOSVfns[/yt]
This discussion has been closed.