User Avatar Image

Another series / license sewn up (or simply referring to Sam & Max?)

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users
From here;
"We're finalizing a plan for another game series, which will get new episodes out even faster," Connors said.
My gut feeling is that if Dan had been referring to Sam & Max, he would have namechecked them, not referred to them as 'another game series'.

Which leads me to believe that there is another as-yet-unannounced game series to be revealed. Also because Conners used 'series', not 'license' I hold out a little hope that Telltale consider themselves established enough with Bone, CSI and Sam & Max to have a crack at some original IP.

Would any members of the Telltale staff be able to drop by this thread and continue to not announce anything at all, yet make amusing (and irrelevant) quips that we can attempt to decypher for clues that don't exist?

Thank you kindly.
115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, she was probably in Afterlife.

Or maybe an unlockable player character in RTX Red Rock. ;)
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    I didn't know Telltale had enough people to work on three games at once.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    I didn't know Telltale had enough people to work on three games at once.
    You would think that, but the entire telltale staff has learned the delicate craft of splitting themselves into two seperate beings like amoebas, they've managed to tripple their staff in the last month and it's still climbing!
  • learned the delicate craft of splitting themselves into two seperate beings like amoebas
    Mitosis, it's called mitosis. Soon they will have an army with which to... uh... make lots of games? I don't know.
  • Oooooh. Looks like I may have been right! :D
    You called it!

Now go find out what the secret is. Fly to California, plant some hidden cameras, and report back here.

I hope it's something I like.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    I predict it will be something Batman related, as I'm always demanding a good Batman game, and Telltale have been wonderful to me so far. (Yes, I do believe the whole company strategy is dedicated to satisfying me.)
  • There was this movie when I was a kid that's ripe for videogames. I hope telltale have procured the license. Some of you will be familiar with it. It's called "Star Wars".
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    And how will telltale get a starwars license?
  • I'm going to predict (or just hope like hell) that the license could be Futurama. I remember a short while back when Billy West was blabbing on his website about the Futurama DVD movies that there was also talk of new episodes of Futurama on TV. Maybe he got his wires crossed and didn't realize it was about game episodes (with Telltale, of course). I know it's quite a bit of a stretch, but it's the only thing I can think of.
Add Comment