941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gman5852;781169 said:
    So what is the tv show exactly? Never really watched adult swim.
    I'm only loosely familiar with it myself (so if my description's bad, feel free to correct me!), but from what I understand it's a very dark parody of old Hanna-Barbera action cartoons (especially Johnny Quest).

The show stars two kid adventurers, Hank and Dean Venture, their scientist father Rusty Venture (who was once a kid adventurer himself, although his failures as an adult have turned him bitter), and their overly badass bodyguard Brock Samson who kills many, many people. Together they go on very bizarre (and often disturbing) adventures, though at the same time it's the only Adult Swim show that's even close to having a sense of continuity.
  • So totally worth it to get the DVDs. I've been an absolute addict since Episode 1 AND SEASON FOUR WAS SO GOOD
  • RAnthonyMahan;781184 said:
    I'm only loosely familiar with it myself (so if my description's bad, feel free to correct me!), but from what I understand it's a very dark parody of old Hanna-Barbera action cartoons (especially Johnny Quest).

The show stars two kid adventurers, Hank and Dean Venture, their scientist father Rusty Venture (who was once a kid adventurer himself, although his failures as an adult have turned him bitter), and their overly badass bodyguard Brock Samson who kills many, many people. Together they go on very bizarre (and often disturbing) adventures, though at the same time it's the only Adult Swim show that's even close to having a sense of continuity.
    It's also moved beyond its original premise of dark failure parody of JQ to having its own life as the characters have matured. Brock's arc in Season 3 and 4 especially, and the growth of the boys.
  • The image is on the site. They just didn't refresh the main page.

Image: http://www.thekeyparty.com/img/keys-2.jpg

(And no, keys-3 isn't there yet!)
  • My pants are haunted!

Also, I fully expect Brock to kill Sam. Or for there to be a Sam and Samson joke.
  • After seeing the 2nd guest reveal, I've come up with an idea of what the game could be, and I don't think it's going to be a murder mystery. I think it will have something to do with keys...what if they are ALL car keys and it's a racer? Might be interesting to see Telltale do a racing game
  • No. NO. No. no no no no no.

NO!

Don't even entertain that thought.
  • A racer would actually make me disapointed really. I mean, yeah, it could be fun, but I've really wanted another fun Poker game, and to also have the chance of a multiplayer one at that.
  • It won't just be a racer. It'll be a car building game on the Xbox360.
Add Comment