User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 25.8K users
Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.
774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Chyron8472;781802 said:
    Like "They Stole Max's Brain"?
    I was thinking more of something like “Heavy Rain."
  • Noname215;782274 said:
    I was thinking more of something like “Heavy Rain."
    I would rather not get a Heavy Rain style game. TTG already tried a QTE filled game with JP The Game and that didn't exactly work out well. If you mean a Heavy Rain type story well then it could work but again i think some people want a new comedy game rather then getting a noir serious game again. We have had JP,TWD,Fables is coming up which sounds like a serious game. Poker Night 2 is most likely coming then i seen a thread in the TWD fourms saying that season 2 is coming in fall 2013.It seems there is no more comedy afterwards. Again a Heavy Rain story could work but still the gameplay style would not work in my opinion.
  • GaryCXJk;782240 said:
    Twice in Mystery Incorporated.

Yeah well in the UK new episodes come later than in the places so i have only seen 1 episode with them :/.
  • I don't have the patience before they localize it here (yes, they for some reason need to localize it in the Netherlands, despite the Dutch voice acting sounding like dukey), so I always try to find the latest episodes.
  • ryannumber1gamer;782292 said:
    If you mean a Heavy Rain type story well then it could work but again i think some people want a new comedy game rather then getting a noir serious game again.
    That’s exactly what I mean. But if they want to do a comedic game, they should do Evil Dead.
  • Telltale would rock this license. Even a direct uplift of the original game.
  • Maybe if they don’t do Army of Darkness 2, they should do an Evil Dead game. Except, I’ll only get it if it has Bruce Campbell as Ash and the gameplay is like Sam & Max mixed with The Walking Dead. Ooh, and you get to use the Boomstick.
  • After seeing the series finale of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, I'll just say fuck it, I want a new Scooby-Doo game (season) with the same art style and personality as Mystery Incorporated, but with the wackiness of the old series.

Also, still waiting for a The Librarian game series.
Add Comment