User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 428.2K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • YAY the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is back on Raw!
  • I'm having a hard time tricking people into clicking this link on IRC.

Also, don't worry, it's safe for work, no screamer, nothing that could upset the ballance of your bowels or breakfast or whatever. Nothing gross, nothing scary. Relatively speaking.
  • GaryCXJk;783028 said:

Also, don't worry, it's safe for work, no screamer, nothing that could upset the ballance of your bowels or breakfast or whatever. Nothing gross, nothing scary. Relatively speaking.
    Well that was a blatant lie.
  • Is anyone here gonna see the Evil Dead?
  • coolsome;783029 said:
    Well that was a blatant lie.
    I did say "Relatively speaking".
  • GaryCXJk;783038 said:
    I did say "Relatively speaking".
    Exactly lies!
  • It's relative because not everybody hates One Direction.
  • Noname215;783032 said:
    Is anyone here gonna see the Evil Dead?
    I would if I could go a ride to the city.

Anyway, I watched and loved Megamind...I can't believe I said that. I hate most 3D movies, and I would have preferred this one be 2D as well, but there are a couple reasons...I liked it.

For one, it didn't feel focus tested to hell and back. Any focus testing there was was used to the advantage of the film's themes.

And two, it really made me look inside myself. I have a little too much in common with Hal/Titan, way more in common than I'd like...I don't know about this one, dude...I don't know about this. I've always been angry at the world for my failures and rejections, and I've always pent that anger up, and I've always felt like I was entitled to everything and everyone. To be honest, before I met my fiance, which was a big moment of acceptance in my life, I was on a pretty bad path, and I'm sure if I suddenly got superpowers I'd have instantly chosen to get revenge on everyone I felt wronged by.

Also, Hal looks exactly like my friend monkey_05_06. I mean the resemblance is uncanny.
  • Noname215;783032 said:
    Is anyone here gonna see the Evil Dead?
    Hell yeah! I usually despise remakes but this one looks pretty good. Also it's not really a remake; apparently it's still a part of the same continuity as the Ash trilogy.
This discussion has been closed.