User Avatar Image

Ash's voice actor?

posted by FlotsamX on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users
Who voices Ash in the Poker Night 2 trailer? Lots of people are saying it's not Bruce Campbell, but I can sorta hear him. It's been 22 years since Army of Darkness came out, after all; his voice was liable to change.
74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Master of Aeons;783283 said:
    Bruce Campbell just did a commercial shilling the new Evil Dead movie. If he's got time for that, he's got time for this.
    Poker Night 1 was said to have three times the dialog of a Sam & Max episode. That takes a lot of time to record.
  • Jennifer;783284 said:
    Poker Night 1 was said to have three times the dialog of a Sam & Max episode. That takes a lot of time to record.
    Chloroform it is then! There's more than one way to skin a voice actor.
  • Just saw on @Groovybruce - definitely not him doing Ash's voice.
  • whoever it is, I think they've done a good job from what little I have heard.
  • Jennifer;783284 said:
    Expect it didn't felt like that much. Also, even if this time around there is actually a descent amount of dialogue, it is not like Ash character would say them all.
  • Weeksy;783385 said:
    Just saw on @Groovybruce - definitely not him doing Ash's voice.
    Sad face. Ah well, whoever's doing it sounds pretty good.
  • Serec;783176 said:
    You're never gonna give that a rest, are you?
    That's like asking if GLaDOS is going to stop making you do tests.

You'd have to kill him twice over before it happens.

As for the current topic, whoever they've got doing the voice of Ash is pretty good. If you're not quite comfortable, just do what I did with Marty's VA in the Back to the Future game. Just pretend it's Bruce and he will sound like Bruce.
  • If they couldn't get Bruce, they should have scrapped Ash. Sorry to sound harsh, but this is extremely distracting to me, just like with the whole Biff Tannen fiasco.
  • No Bruce, no sale. I'll play Regeneration instead.
  • Ash would have been a perfect character for this. But if you take a random guy, and tell him "yell 'BOOMSTICK!'" it doesn't turn him into Ash. *I* can yell boomstick. It doesn't mean anything. I am not sure how a fan of Ash could not realize that Bruce is everything as far as the charm of the character goes. If they couldn't or wouldn't get Bruce, they should have gone with another character. When I saw Brock, I was sure I was going to get this. But listening to a random guy yelling "Boomstick," and now I'm not so sure. It's an inexplicable mistake on their part, especially when there are plenty of other characters who could have been chosen and voiced authentically.
Add Comment