Telltale Autumn Sale

Who do you think was the most/least helpful group member?

2

Comments

  • edited January 2013
    Rommel49 wrote: »

    The hatchet at the school is unforgiveable no matter what, it's barring a blood-covered door.

    I meant more that I feel like it was a boo-boo in the game. There were a bunch of zombies clawing at the door; what happened, did they all disappear when Ben suddenly appeared on the scene?
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    I meant more that I feel like it was a boo-boo in the game. There were a bunch of zombies clawing at the door; what happened, did they all disappear when Ben suddenly appeared on the scene?

    Maybe they were attracted by other noises? We don't know what Kenny and Bree did. Maybe someone else in Savannah made a loud noise somehow. We don't know.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    They actually seemed to, as they stopped attacking the motel, at least until Lee and Lilly's "exploring" caused them to not get their bag of stuff.

    Granted, I do think it would have been wise for Ben to let someone he trusted know he was being threatened and weezled by the bandits, but I have the sneaking suspicion Carley might have known.

    I'm not talking about leaving the motel alone, I mean the fact that Ben was stupid enough to trust the Bandits that they both had his friend, and apparently that they'd give him up. That was the original reason Ben dealt with them, and it's a stupid one.
  • edited January 2013
    Platinumb wrote: »
    I meant more that I feel like it was a boo-boo in the game. There were a bunch of zombies clawing at the door; what happened, did they all disappear when Ben suddenly appeared on the scene?

    Oh, I just played the second episode again. Katjaa and Brenda went together in the house, when Mark was shot. :)
  • edited January 2013
    Oh, I just played the second episode again. Katjaa and Brenda went together in the house, when Mark was shot. :)

    at any rate, Mark whimpers to Lee "brothers" when Lee asks what happens to his legs. it's possible Brenda did "fix him up nicely" and while he's resting, the brothers do the dirty work. *cringe*

    guess that aspect isn't that really important.
  • edited January 2013
    Maybe they were attracted by other noises? We don't know what Kenny and Bree did. Maybe someone else in Savannah made a loud noise somehow. We don't know.

    Actually, the bell rings right after Lee and Molly have their conversation about her sister (or not). Then Ben jumps out at them, causing all three to yell in surprise. Just because they weren't there at the time he took the hatchet out doesn't make it any less tupid. The door was locked, and covered in blood that hadn't been there when they escaped through it before. The zombies were still outside, they just lost interest after a good 20 minutes of not eharing anything. All it would take was one noise...say, a church bell, or a frightened shout, to bring the horde inside the school once that hatchet was removed.
  • edited March 2013
    Most Helpful:
    Carley - "dead eye accuracy" and is perhaps the most trustworthy member of your group. Doesn't try and strat issues but initially tries to resolve them reasonably and with logic.

    Least helpful:
    Toss up between Ben and Lilly.
    Ben: good intentions but gets a lot of people killed.

    Lilly: was perhaps good to start off with but as soon as someone disagrees with her and the way she leads she acts irrationally. She refuses to sort out the traitor issue reasonably and personally kills Carley/Doug. Even though she is grieving and emotionally unstable, despite the warning she's not up for it she refuses to relinquish leadership and does not make the right decisions. Also she would rather kill someone out of spite (Carley) than try and keep the group together.

    So yea I think I hate Lilly...
  • edited March 2013
    Clementine saved the day multiple times.
    Carley was a sharpshooter. Lilly started gun training, and handled rationing. Doug was Macgyver. Katjaa was the team medic, and Chuck was my personal mentor. In the end I think every character except Ben proved they could be useful in some way before things started going south.

    Say what you will about Larry, but him deliberately trying to kill Lee couldn't even cause as many problems as Ben did trying to be helpful.
  • edited March 2013
    Best:Carley and Kenny
    Worst:Larry and Ben
  • edited March 2013
    Clem is useless, she got Lee killed.
  • edited March 2013
    For most helpful it's a toss up between Lee, Carley, Kenny, and Lilly.

    Least helpful goes to either Ben, Larry, or Duck.
  • edited March 2013
    Least helpful was Ben.
  • edited March 2013
    Kenny was defiantly the most helpful
    The guy just never gave up and no was never an answer in his books
    He always kept going
  • edited April 2013
    Actually he kinda gives up. Kenny died/got split from the group trying to save Ben when he was dying, couldn't be saved, and walkers were closing in.
  • edited April 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    Actually he kinda gives up. Kenny died/got split from the group trying to save Ben when he was dying, couldn't be saved, and walkers were closing in.

    It wasn't giving up, he fought to the very end. If he gave up, he would have lay down on the ground and let the walkers devour him.

    I think both scenes are symbolic of Kenny turning over a new leaf, so to speak. Showing that he's finally willing to risk everything, even his life, for more than just his family.
  • edited April 2013
    He was willing before as well, I love Kenny, and he was one of my favorites, third to Clem and Lee. I'm saying that Kenny basically did sacrifice himself. He (in a sense) threw his life away to either save a kid with a rail through his stomach with walkers coming from both sides or to obtain a walkie talkie in a building covered with walkers(LEE LEFT IT IN THE HOTEL!). I just feel it was an unnecessary death(attempt at death). I wouldn't say he was laying down and accepting his fate, but to mess with his life like that was kinda foolish. He also made his own mistakes. I personally say Carley and Lee were the two characters that basically did nothing but good for the group, and Kenny(maybe Lilly) not far behind.

    Least helpful = Ben and Larry, although Larry was much more useful.
  • edited April 2013
    Mornai wrote: »
    I think both scenes are symbolic of Kenny turning over a new leaf, so to speak. Showing that he's finally willing to risk everything, even his life, for more than just his family.

    I agree to that. I do hope it isn't the last we've seen of Kenny(alive of course).
  • edited April 2013
    As for the least useful the answer is too simple: Ben mcDork. As for the most useful well, that's quite hard. Excluding all potentially useful/harmful characters, we are left with Molly, Charles & No-legs. So, I guess that Chuck> No-legs > parkour action Marie.
    Why? Chuck was a hobo version of gandalf in a ZA (he even had a staff!). Mark was a loyal soldier even as a zombie. Well, Molly was neat but i would hate her had I stuck with her for months.
  • edited April 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    He was willing before as well, I love Kenny, and he was one of my favorites, third to Clem and Lee. I'm saying that Kenny basically did sacrifice himself. He (in a sense) threw his life away to either save a kid with a rail through his stomach with walkers coming from both sides or to obtain a walkie talkie in a building covered with walkers(LEE LEFT IT IN THE HOTEL!). I just feel it was an unnecessary death(attempt at death). I wouldn't say he was laying down and accepting his fate, but to mess with his life like that was kinda foolish. He also made his own mistakes. I personally say Carley and Lee were the two characters that basically did nothing but good for the group, and Kenny(maybe Lilly) not far behind.

    Least helpful = Ben and Larry, although Larry was much more useful.

    Agreed, but sacrifice is different than giving up.

    Regarding his family, Kenny would never do something like that for Christa or Ben if he still had Katjaa or Duck with him, because he puts them above everyone else(he mentions Katjaa being angry with him about not caring enough about the rest of the group in ep 5). Since he doesn't need to protect them anymore, he's free to take risks that he wouldn't before(because they would put him/his family in danger).

    Definitely agreed on Lee and Carley. Every bullet Carley ever fired always hit its target in the head, spot on accuracy. I think she purposefully avoided killing Andy with that shot, since she didn't fully understand what was happening. Other than that, complete dead-eye.

    Lee goes without question, i personally think it's cheating to pick him. :p
  • edited April 2013
    ^maybe... lol and I think Carley mean't to kill Andy, but missed(sorta). That is why if you look at her face, she's so shocked xD. My thinking of it is "Oh, shit! Oops..."
  • edited April 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    ^maybe... lol and I think Carley mean't to kill Andy, but missed(sorta). That is why if you look at her face, she's so shocked xD. My thinking of it is "Oh, shit! Oops..."

    Or is like, "....... I missed?" lol, she has a reputation as a dead-eye so missing would have been a shock to her, as well as Lee who overcame his momentary shock to wrestle with Andy
  • mz3mz3
    edited April 2013
    Carley chuck lee and clem were most helpful.
    ben duck and larry were Least helpfull.
  • edited April 2013
    Everyone was helpful save Ben who was detrimental and Duck who was...Duck. But, I'd say Lee, Carley, and Clem were the biggest contributors while Larry and Duck were the lowest contributors.
  • edited April 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    Actually he kinda gives up. Kenny died/got split from the group trying to save Ben when he was dying, couldn't be saved, and walkers were closing in.

    I don't its giving up
    I thought that initially but as my subs said he just wanted to be with his family again
    However there are rumours that he's still alive
    I dare not hope that just in case it is all just a rumour :(
  • edited April 2013
    I don't its giving up
    I thought that initially but as my subs said he just wanted to be with his family again
    However there are rumours that he's still alive
    I dare not hope that just in case it is all just a rumour :(

    Aus... Lol that means giving up basically. And I don't mean it entirely, just the fact that it was unnecessary and lee and the others needed him. I know he kinda felt alone.

    It's not a rumor, it's speculation. Even Gavin hammon, Kenny's Voice actor, said to keep hopes up for Kenny's return, because Kenny at one point actually died; it was clearly made.

    I hope he returns, but we shall see. Don't give up on him :P
  • edited April 2013
    If we are talking about least useful it has to be Duck
    He did have his part in the death of Shaun, himself and his Mother as well as making Kenny a depressed Alcoholic
    Ben obviously caused by trouble but at least went on watch and helped with the basics whilst Duck was just a Kid

    Most useful I'd say would be Lee as he pretty much worked out all the puzzles and in the end did all of the work...
  • edited April 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    Aus... Lol that means giving up basically. And I don't mean it entirely, just the fact that it was unnecessary and lee and the others needed him. I know he kinda felt alone.

    I think "giving up" grossly oversimplifies Kenny's feelings during the Ben scene. He had been drinking, he was emotional, probably mentally exhausted, his (possibly best) friend was bitten, the boat was gone, Clementine had been kidnapped and Katjaa and Duck had only died like two or three days ago. It's really a marvel he was holding up as well as he did.

    I think mostly he stayed behind with Ben because his consciousness was weighing heavy on him at the time. You talk him down on the train and he reveals he thinks Duck getting bitten was because he killed Shawn and with the time he spends in the attic reflecting on a lot of what happened he probably reached a mental breaking point where he became fed up with how shitty everything was and simply just wasn't going to accept the reality of it anymore.

    Kenny spends a lot of the game talking about how important it is to do the hard thing and turns into a real ass in a lot of the later episodes. But in the last one with the talk in the attic, figuring out Christa is pregnant (watch his eyes when Christa drinks, he clearly pieces it together), Ben blowing up on him and seeing the suicidal couple, I think he realized how unhappy he was with a lot of his decisions and wanted to do something to change it.

    Arguably, in the Ben scene, he really picked one of the worse times to be noble, but it wasn't him simply giving up. If that was the case he wouldn't have hesitated to shoot Ben and would have just waited for the walkers to eat him. Instead he does try to fight them off and we see him run off after shooting Ben. He wasn't thinking clearly and picked a fight he couldn't win, but he was still fighting.
  • edited April 2013
    I know what you are saying, and I agree. I just meant the way he out was like he was giving up, because he chose a battle that was not in his favor, and left the group in dire straints. I do agree with you, though.
  • edited April 2013
    Hudomonkey wrote: »
    If we are talking about least useful it has to be Duck
    He did have his part in the death of Shaun, himself and his Mother as well as making Kenny a depressed Alcoholic
    Ben obviously caused by trouble but at least went on watch and helped with the basics whilst Duck was just a Kid

    Saying Duck caused Shawn's death is one thing, but condemning him for getting bitten at the inn and his parent's proceeding reactions?

    Ever heard of victim blaming?
  • edited April 2013
    Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..
  • edited April 2013
    k1ngMe wrote: »
    Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..

    Not counting Lee, Carley kills the most walkers of any character in the game. That's so unhelpful. ;)
  • edited April 2013
    k1ngMe wrote: »
    Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..

    She saves Lee's life how many times? She saves duck from Andy, shoots the bandits allowing the group to recover. As for the big decisions she initially gets involved but gets tired of Lilly and Kenny's constant arguing. So she decides to let them sort it out themselves as she is tired of trying to keep the peace. Also she has the highest zombie kill count behind Lee. So yeah I think she was very helpful. :)
  • edited April 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »
    Saying Duck caused Shawn's death is one thing, but condemning him for getting bitten at the inn and his parent's proceeding reactions?

    Ever heard of victim blaming?

    I understand but you could say the same about Ben is it really his fault someone broke his agreement with the bandits etc
    The people who are the least useful are often the least useful after they die because they create a void which only causes trouble.

    For example you could argue Larry was the least useful because only after he died did Lilly become paranoid
    Just like Ben even if accidental Duck did cause pain and suffering

    It is just as fair to blame Duck as it is to blame Ben
    (If I was in the Walking dead I would definitely be the least useful and would probably get everyone killed)
  • edited April 2013
    k1ngMe wrote: »
    Facepalm... The most helpful ones there were Lilly, Lee, and Kenny. The least helpful was probably Carley (I'm not counting Ben, that one's too obvious). What exactly did Carley do that was so helpful? When everyone else was doing something productive, all I saw was her sitting on her ass. And not to mention every single time the group had to make an important decision, she'd start whining then proceed to exit the scene. Big help Carley! Sure, she saved Lee a few times. But so did Lilly, and so did Kenny. Saying that Carley was the most helpful is clearly a biased statement..

    Do you actually, know, who Lilly and Carley are? Because your descriptions of them actually make it sound like you've mixed up their names.
  • edited April 2013
    Hudomonkey wrote: »
    I understand but you could say the same about Ben is it really his fault someone broke his agreement with the bandits etc
    The people who are the least useful are often the least useful after they die because they create a void which only causes trouble.

    For example you could argue Larry was the least useful because only after he died did Lilly become paranoid
    Just like Ben even if accidental Duck did cause pain and suffering

    It is just as fair to blame Duck as it is to blame Ben
    (If I was in the Walking dead I would definitely be the least useful and would probably get everyone killed)
    You can't really blame someone for what they didn't do after a death that wasn't their fault. It's like me saying you don't deserve commendations concerning your job during your funeral because you couldn't make it to the office the following Monday.

    The reason the agreement with the bandits was broken was because Ben went out of his way to keep it a secret. If he had explained from the start the group would have known to either abandon the inn or at least ration accordingly before shooting someone for being a traitor; and that was only Ben's first mistake.
  • edited April 2013
    Most-Lee. Least-Ben or Lily.
  • edited April 2013
    Most - Lee.
    Who could have being the most useful would have been Glenn. Thing about it, if he had stayed he would have being going out stealthily getting supplies and stuff like he did in the TV Show, and also like he did to get the gas in Episode 1.
    Least - Most people say Ben, but I'm actually going to say my favorite character: Kenny.
    He was quite useful Episode 1 and 2, fixing the RV and stuff, apart from letting Shawn die. But after Katjaa and Duck died, Kenny was a train wreck, and was not reliable or useful.
    Ben on the other hand actually tried, being on watch and everything. He even held the bandits off from attacking!(If he didn't give the supplies, bandits would have attacked anyway) So Yea, Lee and Kenny.
  • edited April 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    ^maybe... lol and I think Carley mean't to kill Andy, but missed(sorta). That is why if you look at her face, she's so shocked xD. My thinking of it is "Oh, shit! Oops..."

    Where was Carley when Andy was about to kill Lee against the fence? Either he had to get out of the situation by himself or Lily would shoot him (and also miss).
  • edited April 2013
    ^Carley was the one who shot Andy the first time in the ear. That is what gets Andy off guard long enough for Lee to tackle Andy into the picket fence. If you save Doug, he uses a laser pointer.

    In the electric fence scene, I guess they just forgot she was there xD Where was Doug? :P
  • edited April 2013
    Well, Kenny got shot, so maybe she went over to help? Heck, she might have even gone inside the house to see if anyone was in there that could help Andy. Or maybe, the more likely scenario, she pulled up a lawn chair, grabbed a bucket of popcorn and began to watch.
This discussion has been closed.