1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I finally caved and got Baldur's Gate and Torment via this bundle. Those two alone are $20 anyway, so I just got the whole pack.
  • divisionten;784254 said:
    I finally caved and got Baldur's Gate and Torment via this bundle. Those two alone are $20 anyway, so I just got the whole pack.
    I'll have to slap together a mod list for you, especially being sure to include one that resizes the font. On newer monitors the text is a tad small to read even for people with great acuity, so a font size adjustment is probably needed.
  • Should have gotten Baldur's Gate II.

Though, Baldur's Gate with BGTuTu is still pretty good. But all the super awesome story happens in the second one. And also most of the modding.
  • Rather Dashing;784256 said:
    I'll have to slap together a mod list for you, especially being sure to include one that resizes the font. On newer monitors the text is a tad small to read even for people with great acuity, so a font size adjustment is probably needed.
    That's actually been the primary reason why I WOULDN'T buy these games before. I knew about the ailiasing issues.
  • I think there might be a voice pack mod that you can get for one of the Baldur's Gate games where they added voice acting to all the dialogue.
  • Alcoremortis;784258 said:
    Should have gotten Baldur's Gate II.

Though, Baldur's Gate with BGTuTu is still pretty good. But all the super awesome story happens in the second one. And also most of the modding.
    The pack includes BG2 as well.
  • Okay, then all is well. I actually never finished Baldur's Gate I. I was going steady, and then decided to take a break to see what Baldur's Gate II was like.

And I never went back.

Hint: Make a bard. They're awesome.
  • This mod is a pretty good bet, and it also includes the even larger 120% larger font. How's that look?
  • I got Baldur's Gate EE when it was on sale at Steam recently, and now I'm buying it again on GOG.com. Seems to answer my earlier questions about which version I should get.

Which NWN should I get?
  • Chyron8472;784270 said:
    I got Baldur's Gate EE when it was on sale at Steam recently, and now I'm buying it again on GOG.com. Seems to answer my earlier questions about which version I should get.

Which NWN should I get?
    At this price, both. Heck, it's a buck or so more than buying Neverwinter Nights 2 alone to get all 10.
Add Comment