User Avatar Image

Telltale should buy LucasArts's original IPs

posted by JFP on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
I know this is a long shot, and this may overlap with the Disney Buys Lucasfilm one, but regardless, I feel this is necessary.

I strongly feel that Telltale Games should try to acquire at least some of LucasArts's non-Star Wars or Indiana Jones games and IPs (including the first Sam & Max game and whatever remains of the S&M LucasArts was working on, but scrapped).

Consider that in the past Disney sold off Dic Entertainment and the Power Rangers, and my proposition seems more realistic.
52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sometimes I think it would be best if everyone just let those old IPs rest in peace.

It's not like there's a shortage of new ideas that we have to keep tapping the same old wells.
  • corruptbiggins;784271 said:
    It's not like there's a shortage of new ideas that we have to keep tapping the same old wells.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDkk2OIwIBg&t=20
  • Chyron8472;784274 said:
    THIS, or the Taco ads are very appropriate :p
  • corruptbiggins;784271 said:
    Psh. Tell that to the oil companies.
  • I think it's pretty likely that Disney will be willing to sell/license the old LA IPs for the right price. As was said earlier, they seem to be open to selling properties they don't have any plans to use themselves lately, and I think we can all agree that all of Lucasarts' other properties had no bearing at all on the sale of Lucasfilm.
  • Scnew;784541 said:
    I think it's pretty likely that Disney will be willing to sell/license the old LA IPs for the right price. As was said earlier, they seem to be open to selling properties they don't have any plans to use themselves lately, and I think we can all agree that all of Lucasarts' other properties had no bearing at all on the sale of Lucasfilm.
    I don't know, it seems to me that all they care about is Star Wars and as such may be happy just to let them gather more figurative dust.
  • corruptbiggins;784634 said:
    I don't know, it seems to me that all they care about is Star Wars and as such may be happy just to let them gather more figurative dust.
    I mean, it depends on an interested party offering them enough cash, but I'm sure they're open to it.

As was said before, Power Rangers was a property that Disney had decided to not produce anymore, but were apparently more than happy to sell it back to Saban.
  • Scnew;784637 said:
    I mean, it depends on an interested party offering them enough cash, but I'm sure they're open to it.
    Well yeah, but whether that amount is realistic is another question.
  • Disney shot themselves in the foot yet again, they made a big mistake with closing the doors to Lucasarts. Aside from Telltale getting the rights to the other adventure games(Monkey Island, Day of the tentacle) Double Fine needs to get the rights back to Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. Chances of a remake of Grim Fandango are never going to happen, which saddens me.

Is there anything we can do to get the rights from Disney to hand them back to the creators? Or will they will be forever remained locked up in Disney's grasp.
  • To be honest..I don't think Disney is going to sell them. But if it does happen..well the creators should get the IPs. Tim gets full throttle, and Grim. Ron gets Monkey Island Back, and Maniac Mansion, Dave gets DOTT and Steve Gets back Hit The Road. Just what I think.
Add Comment