Telltale Autumn Sale

Ideas for future TF2 unlocks.

This thread is just here for people to share their thoughts on what they think would be cool unlockables for TF2 if their is DLC or maybe a sequel anyway my ideas (With characters I hope get into a Poker Night game in the future if there ever is a sequel or DLC)...

Sam-The Big Kill (It would be cool to see this return with The Max hat)
Max-Max's servered head (Again it would be cool to see it return for people who missed out on it)
Strong Bad-Homestar Cap (Homestar's hat) and A Cheating friend which is a small The Cheat teddy like the balloonicorn.
Marty McFly-Skateboard (Is a melee weapon)
Wallace & Gromit-Anti Pesto hat (The descreption could be "A hat that shows you are a proud worker in Anti Pesto and look there is even a signature from Wallace")
Guybrush Threepwood-The Mighty Pirate (a wig that looks like Guybrush's hair), The Loyal first mate (Winslow's hat and it could say "There's 2 things a good first mate needs their pirate hat and a good map.) and another item could be called The Pirate Beard which is LeChuck's beard.

Anyway that's all I could think off but go ahead and share your ideas on what you think would be cool and fun TF2 unlocks :)

Comments

  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Max's Head is way too valuable these days to be reintroduced through a 5$ game. Or any game, at that.

    Anyway, I want a Chainsaw Hand! Who needs that silly necronomicrown.

    Speaking of Guybrush, can Telltale still use that IP or was it dun did with the Tales of Monkey Island?
  • edited April 2013
    Homestarmy Gear (Bowl Helmet and Spoon Melee for Soldier)
    Doreauxgard melee for all classes
    Marzipan-themed Frontier Justice (with Carol guitar for Taunt Kill)
    Ultimate Strong Bad's Sword (Kukri for Sniper)

    All these would be great.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Max's Head is way too valuable these days to be reintroduced through a 5$ game. Or any game, at that.

    No. It would help balance the TF2 economy.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    No. It would help balance the TF2 economy.

    By making the practically most valuable item available to everyone? That's one good way to just break the whole bloody market.

    There's no balance in that.

    This is one of those items that by now serve as full currency.
  • edited April 2013
    or you could just, you know. Make the old Max hats vintage and make these new ones not. That way it is the vintage max hats that are rare and we still get the max hats.
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    or you could just, you know. Make the old Max hats vintage and make these new ones not. That way it is the vintage max hats that are rare and we still get the max hats.

    Yes that would be a great idea. Plus on the idea of the whole TF2 items thing, i think its sorta stupid. For example i went onto an achievement server which has a price check on items, i checked out the stuff in Poker Night for example and it all added up to 8 refined metal. I traded Poker Night 1 which Steam gave me for pre-ordering Poker night 2. I got the smart dresser, refined metal, scrap metal and a pomson 6000. Still i don't get how TF2 works in terms of items. Some Poker Night items went for 2-3 refined while others barely got to 1 refined. Still honestly would have rather gotten TF2 items for pre-ordering Poker Night 2 since if your a fan of TTG & Sam & Max most likely you will pre-order for Sam & the unlockable items.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    or you could just, you know. Make the old Max hats vintage and make these new ones not. That way it is the vintage max hats that are rare and we still get the max hats.

    That would still significantly hit the market and be completely unfair to those who actually have Max Heads.

    And no, I don't have a Max Head.

    Besides, the last thing this game needs is another Gibus...

    EDIT: And just to add, I don't play the whole trading game, I don't play the market and I'm not a trader - I play TF2. But I know that there is a trading game, it has a lot of people in it and it has a market. I don't think it should be fucked with at this scale, just because some people can't take the fact that you need to work for some items. ESPECIALLY when they are just cosmetics, which doesn't make anyone entitled to them.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    That would still significantly hit the market and be completely unfair to those who actually have Max Heads.

    And no, I don't have a Max Head.

    Besides, the last thing this game needs is another Gibus...

    EDIT: And just to add, I don't play the whole trading game, I don't play the market and I'm not a trader - I play TF2. But I know that there is a trading game, it has a lot of people in it and it has a market. I don't think it should be fucked with at this scale, just because some people can't take the fact that you need to work for some items. ESPECIALLY when they are just cosmetics, which doesn't make anyone entitled to them.

    No one cares about the cosmetics though. They care about the value. That is why you make the max's head vintage and make these not and not tradable. That way the value is still there. This is exactly what they did with the lugermorph(which is just as rare as the max head might I add), and worked out fine. There is no screwing with the economy this way.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No one cares about the cosmetics though. They care about the value. That is why you make the max's head vintage and make these not and not tradable. That way the value is still there. This is exactly what they did with the lugermorph(which is just as rare as the max head might I add), and worked out fine. There is no screwing with the economy this way.

    The holders of the vintage Max's would instantly raise their prices, but the demand would hit complete ground bottom which would make it valueless. No one will want to sell them, no one will want to buy. Essentially everyone would have a Max's Head, so not only the value would be fucked, but also the look of it, because it would become overused as hell.

    It's one of the top most valuable items and it's there for a reason. It was given to people who pre-ordered Sam & Max at the time when Telltale games weren't THIS popular and when pre-order TF2 items were not known to rise sky-high in value. In other words, loyal fans of both franchises, rather than a greedy trader nabbing anything that gives items for it, so he could hope to resell it.

    Don't compare a gun that wasn't very desirable to begin with to a hat that's at the top of the list. Poker Night's release of it screwed the desirability even further, because it was being overused for a couple of weeks and then nobody wanted it and it's currently half the price of Big Kill. Vintage Luger isn't very expensive, but still is being bought only by collectors, which is not how Max's Head works. Max's head is the highest-tier, it has become the purest currency, which Luger never was.

    If you re-release an amazingly high ranking hat like Max's Head, it will also shake the whole market because it would show that no one cares if it's the rarest and seemingly limited thing, they still can release another row of it.

    It's just a cosmetic, it's already been awarded, it's time came and went. That's it.

    And that's why the current original three - Max's Head, Bill's, Buds - shouldn't be ever touched by resupplies, no matter how many people "need" them. No one is stopping them to release something that looks great for Poker Night 3 or Sam & Max Season 4 if it ever comes out, though. Why is everyone SO concentrated on that one Max's Head? I'm not talking specifically about you, but a lot of the people who want the Max's Head to be redistributed are not the people who care about the cosmetic either (like you described the people who have it right now) but people who can't deal with not being able to get something.

    Would I want a Max's Head? Sure. Would I want them redistribute it for crazy-easy access just because of that? No, it wouldn't be fair.
  • edited April 2013
    Because who wouldn't want a Max hat that looks like its trying to eat you? =P

    But in all seriousness. So what? A hat would be worth a little less? Just because 1 hat is back does not mean it will completely throw off the whole TF2 trade process. Its not like the mann co store will close down due to it. Its 1 hat that is a very cool hat which would be great to see come back. Again like GMan said, give people vintage Max hats. Vintage stuff still goes for a good price. Its not like Max's gun does not got a good price. When i price checked it on a TF2 achievement server it was worth 2 refined which is not bad consisting 1 refined costs about 16 weps to craft.
  • edited April 2013
    How about:

    A hat for The Pizz
    Homsar's Hat
    Ash's fake hand as a Gunslinger replacement for The Engineer
    Brock Samson's Knife a AN ACTUAL WEAPON rather than a butt-hat for the Heavy (I was so disappointed to find it was just a misc item!)
    And how about that sweater that Tycho was originally going to bet in PN1? Could be an All-Class misc of sorts.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Because who wouldn't want a Max hat that looks like its trying to eat you? =P

    But in all seriousness. So what? A hat would be worth a little less? Just because 1 hat is back does not mean it will completely throw off the whole TF2 trade process. Its not like the mann co store will close down due to it. Its 1 hat that is a very cool hat which would be great to see come back. Again like GMan said, give people vintage Max hats. Vintage stuff still goes for a good price. Its not like Max's gun does not got a good price. When i price checked it on a TF2 achievement server it was worth 2 refined which is not bad consisting 1 refined costs about 16 weps to craft.
    Buddy, you just said in your previous post that you don't understand TF2 economy, you're hardly the one to be making this kind of claim, especially after everything I've mentioned. This isn't just some 1 hat.

    Besides, do you know how much Max's Head is worth? 218 refined.
  • edited April 2013
    Dude again its one hat. The whole TF2 trading will not be brought down just because TTG give the hat as a unlockable. Even make it a pre order bonus still Max's hat will not bring down TF2's trading. Its not even the rarest item which would be the buds. Anyway the big question is so what? A hat that looks cool won't be extremely rare. Again it won't being the trading down at all. Just the value would go down which is not a big deal. You said you would hate seeing the hat being a unlockable well fine make it a pre-order bonus or something but the end result in my opinion will just be people being happy that a rare hat is a little easier to get. There's still the buds and Bill's hat that is rare. I hardly think people will feel angry just because a hat which came out 3 years ago makes a comeback for people who would like to get it.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Dude again its one hat. The whole TF2 trading will not be brought down just because TTG give the hat as a unlockable. Even make it a pre order bonus still Max's hat will not bring down TF2's trading. Its not even the rarest item which would be the buds. Anyway the big question is so what? A hat that looks cool won't be extremely rare. Again it won't being the trading down at all. Just the value would go down which is not a big deal. You said you would hate seeing the hat being a unlockable well fine make it a pre-order bonus or something but the end result in my opinion will just be people being happy that a rare hat is a little easier to get. There's still the buds and Bill's hat that is rare. I hardly think people will feel angry just because a hat which came out 3 years ago makes a comeback for people who would like to get it.

    I didn't say I'd hate this be brought back as an unlockable. I don't want it to be brought back AT ALL.

    Max's Head is worth 2 buds, therefore buds is not rarer than Max's. And yes, people will be angry. Don't bring your bullshit "I WANT THAT AWESOME HAT" as an argument. Once again, it's a cosmetic, no one is entitled to it.

    For this one hat you could get over 200 of practically ANY hat you want. So no, this is not just one cool hat you're talking about here, even if it's technically a single item.

    Bigger question is what can't you understand about being crazy limited and being at the very top of the chain? You don't mess with that just because you've got the GIMME GIMME syndrome.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm not saying that ''i want that awesome hat'' as an argument. I'm saying its not going to being down the whole TF2 trading process. Again as Gman said, give everyone who had a Max hat a vintage Max hat. They would still be rare and its not like people won't trade for vintage stuff. Also i don't think you would get 200 of any hat. Maybe 4 or 5 hats but no i don't think one hat would go for 200 hats. Still i don't see why you think 1 hat would bring down the whole TF2 trading process. Like Der_ketzer said, if anything it could balance it out so no one would have to trade maybe 5 or 6 pages worth of TF2 items for 1 hat. Also you said that people would be angry. If they were given vintage hats why would they be angry? They would still have a rare item since it would be a vintage hat.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    I'm not saying that ''i want that awesome hat'' as an argument. I'm saying its not going to being down the whole TF2 trading process. Again as Gman said, give everyone who had a Max hat a vintage Max hat. They would still be rare and its not like people won't trade for vintage stuff. Also i don't think you would get 200 of any hat. Maybe 4 or 5 hats but no i don't think one hat would go for 200 hats. Still i don't see why you think 1 hat would bring down the whole TF2 trading process. Like Der_ketzer said, if anything it could balance it out so no one would have to trade maybe 5 or 6 pages worth of TF2 items for 1 hat. Also you said that people would be angry. If they were given vintage hats why would they be angry? They would still have a rare item since it would be a vintage hat.

    Once again you're guessing while not knowing. I am not kidding when I say 200 hats. If you want a bit higher tier hat? That would get you 100 of them. If you want every hat in the game that's below the Bill's in price? You could get most of them, if not all, haven't really counted the total hats ingame.

    And honestly, reread what I already wrote 3 times, I'm getting tired of answering the same questions and you missing it every time.

    And please, quote me exactly where I said that this would bring down the whole TF2 trading process? Don't try to strawman me, mate. But while we're on the subject of quoting, let me quote you:
    i don't get how TF2 works in terms of items
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    By making the practically most valuable item available to everyone? That's one good way to just break the whole bloody market

    Here you go. Again one hat even if it is rare will not break/end the TF2 trading process/Market.
  • edited April 2013
    I've had a dude offer 75 bucks for my Max's head. Seriously.

    It's gotten to the point where I've stopped wearing it completely, because everyone has to comment on it. The first few days I got a few insulting remarks suggesting I only bought the game just for the bonus (times have changed, haven't they?), but now I just get plagued with offers.

    It'd probably be easier to just finally give it to somebody (there are very few times people aren't just trying to take advantage of me, by offering, like, a key), but I really like having those little souvenirs from my favorite game.

    Honestly, if Valve or Telltale want to re-release Max's Head, that'd be fine by me. Sure, it'd completely wreck up the economy, but I think it's high time something like this happened anyway, to keep people from taking it so danged serious.

    e: Also to Ryan: if anything can break it, this thing can. Check out its worth.
    and you should have seen the Lugermorph value before/after Poker Night 1 came out. I can finally use it without fear of harassment.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    That would still significantly hit the market and be completely unfair to those who actually have Max Heads.

    I wanna see all those item horders with 30+ Max heads get a heartattack. The world would bew a better place without them anyway.
    wellgolly wrote: »
    It'd probably be easier to just finally give it to somebody (there are very few times people aren't just trying to take advantage of me, by offering, like, a key), but I really like having those little souvenirs from my favorite game.

    That's what I did. I gave it to one of my longtime Steamfriends and member of this forum that preordered the season on PS3 and got nothing for that. And yes I gave it to him for free.
    If I want to wear it again I'd just have to install the TF2 beta client. I still have it on there. No interest though.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Here you go. Again one hat even if it is rare will not break/end the TF2 trading process/Market.

    There's a difference between breaking and bringing down. Your version implies that everything would stop for good. I'm implying that it would experience a big biiiig fuck up. Know about the hyperinflation in Germany in 1921? Selling vintages would be effective the same way it would be effective selling pre-1919 Marks, if you're lucky, maybe a collector will nab it. Though, this would be worse if buds we re-released, because they serve as a mid-way point and more people rely on that currency.

    And once again you very much underestimate the value of this one rare hat!
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I wanna see all those item horders with 30+ Max heads get a heartattack. The world would bew a better place without them anyway.



    That's what I did. I gave it to one of my longtime Steamfriends and member of this forum that preordered the season on PS3 and got nothing for that. And yes I gave it to him for free.
    If I want to wear it again I'd just have to install the TF2 beta client. I still have it on there. No interest though.

    But that would really just be mob justice, wouldn't it. It still wouldn't be exactly fair, because people have been spending money and things of according value for it for a while. Believe me, you think any person wouldn't wanna say 'eat shit' to any of these kind of items hoarders? I don't particularly like them myself, but personal feelings aside, it still wouldn't be fair.

    If it did happen, though, I would get over it pretty easily, even if it seems that I'm very much on their side in this debate.
    wellgolly wrote: »
    I've had a dude offer 75 bucks for my Max's head. Seriously.

    It's gotten to the point where I've stopped wearing it completely, because everyone has to comment on it. The first few days I got a few insulting remarks suggesting I only bought the game just for the bonus (times have changed, haven't they?), but now I just get plagued with offers.

    It'd probably be easier to just finally give it to somebody (there are very few times people aren't just trying to take advantage of me, by offering, like, a key), but I really like having those little souvenirs from my favorite game.

    Honestly, if Valve or Telltale want to re-release Max's Head, that'd be fine by me. Sure, it'd completely wreck up the economy, but I think it's high time something like this happened anyway, to keep people from taking it so danged serious.

    e: Also to Ryan: if anything can break it, this thing can. Check out its worth.
    and you should have seen the Lugermorph value before/after Poker Night 1 came out. I can finally use it without fear of harassment.
    And... well, I haven't really thought about it from this perspective. So what you're saying is people who just wants to wear the hat get bugged to no one end, therefore don't even care if it gets re-released, because maybe people will stop being cunts about it?

    I slowly wanna move to mob justice court. But regardless of my personal feelings, if what I've argued so far hasn't been for 'why shouldn't it be re-released", I think it works as well for "why it won't be re-released". Valve doesn't want to see market break just as anyone holding multiple Max's Heads. I mean, they've got the whole Community Market spin going and making a fortune out of it, amongst other things. And if Valve can't make it stable, it will discourage people using it and people taking it so danged seriously, as you said, which would be a problem for Valve. Though, they have a looooooooooot of cash coming from multiple sources, maybe they'll get ballsy one day. But prolly not.
  • edited April 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »
    I've had a dude offer 75 bucks for my Max's head. Seriously.

    It's gotten to the point where I've stopped wearing it completely, because everyone has to comment on it. The first few days I got a few insulting remarks suggesting I only bought the game just for the bonus (times have changed, haven't they?), but now I just get plagued with offers.

    It'd probably be easier to just finally give it to somebody (there are very few times people aren't just trying to take advantage of me, by offering, like, a key), but I really like having those little souvenirs from my favorite game.

    Honestly, if Valve or Telltale want to re-release Max's Head, that'd be fine by me. Sure, it'd completely wreck up the economy, but I think it's high time something like this happened anyway, to keep people from taking it so danged serious.

    e: Also to Ryan: if anything can break it, this thing can. Check out its worth.
    and you should have seen the Lugermorph value before/after Poker Night 1 came out. I can finally use it without fear of harassment.

    Yeah i said that Earbuds and maybe Bill's hat would most likely be more rare but he said it was not saying Max's servered head is worth 2 earbuds.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Yeah i said that Earbuds and maybe Bill's hat would most likely be more rare but he said it was not saying Max's servered head is worth 2 earbuds.

    Max's Severed head is worth 2 earbuds. I mean, the dude even gave you a site, it can't be that hard to search for Max's Head.

    The order of value goes like this:
    1. Bill's (lowest)
    2. Earbuds (medium)
    3. Max's Head (highest)

    And if you want the most accurate pricing, go to "backpack.tf" because it actually sets a number dependent on actual sales, rather then a person's evaluation of sales.
  • edited April 2013
    Also look at it like this. Most promotional stuff is added to the Mann co store later a little while after the game is out like the red tape recorder,the distinushed Rouge,Half-Zatoichi etc. If it was added as an unlockable/pre order bonus it would just follow other promotion items. As to people who already have the hat, they would have had it for 3 years and should get a vintage/genuine like The Lugermorph which was given to people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 and then people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 got vintage Lugermorph or at least that's what the TF2 wiki says.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Also look at it like this. Most promotional stuff is added to the Mann co store later a little while after the game is out like the red tape recorder,the distinushed Rouge,Half-Zatoichi etc. If it was added as an unlockable/pre order bonus it would just follow other promotion items. As to people who already have the hat, they would have had it for 3 years and should get a vintage/genuine like The Lugermorph which was given to people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 and then people who pre-ordered S&M Season 3 got vintage Lugermorph or at least that's what the TF2 wiki says.

    Yes, you've said that already, and I've already said that those items have never been and never will be in a position that Max's Head is in. THEY'RE DIFFERENT. THE FACT THAT THEY'RE PROMOTIONAL DOES NOT MAKE THEM THE SAME.

    Not to mention, oh how different were promos 3 years ago.

    It's like one moment it seems that you get it, but then you rant off on bullshit topics that have already been covered.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    It still wouldn't be exactly fair, because people have been spending money and things of according value for it for a while.
    I don't care for fair. I just want them to leave me alone.
  • edited April 2013
    Does anyone have the Linux penguin to trade?
  • edited April 2013
    doom saber wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Linux penguin to trade?

    I wasted a weekend to get it. So no. Mine is absolutely not for sale.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Yes, you've said that already, and I've already said that those items have never been and never will be in a position that Max's Head is in. THEY'RE DIFFERENT. THE FACT THAT THEY'RE PROMOTIONAL DOES NOT MAKE THEM THE SAME.

    Not to mention, oh how different were promos 3 years ago.

    It's like one moment it seems that you get it, but then you rant off on bullshit topics that have already been covered.

    Dude no offence but you keep going over the same thing too and your argument just seems to be, ''its a rare item, people will be angry (Which they should not be since they had it for 3 years and should be given Vintage or Geniune versions.), and it will slow down trading greatly'' Again this is what the argument seems to me. Again i'm just saying but the hat along with the other items were pre-order bonus and i don't think too many people who have completely no interest in Sam & Max whats so ever will just randomly say ''Oh a new hat and some items, must pre-order for items and not play the game'' Also what about Sam's big kill? Something that should be as the same value as Max's Servered Head because the only way to get it was Pre-ordering Season 3. But you don't seem to have a problem with that.

    (On a small note, Max's servered head is not the rarest TF2 hat/item. They would be the top notch which is only owned by 1 person in the world. Notch the creator of Minecraft)
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Dude no offence but you keep going over the same thing too and your argument just seems to be, ''its a rare item, people will be angry (Which they should not be since they had it for 3 years and should be given Vintage or Geniune versions.), and it will slow down trading greatly'' Again this is what the argument seems to me. Again i'm just saying but the hat along with the other items were pre-order bonus and i don't think too many people who have completely no interest in Sam & Max whats so ever will just randomly say ''Oh a new hat and some items, must pre-order for items and not play the game'' Also what about Sam's big kill? Something that should be as the same value as Max's Servered Head because the only way to get it was Pre-ordering Season 3. But you don't seem to have a problem with that.

    (On a small note, Max's servered head is not the rarest TF2 hat/item. They would be the top notch which is only owned by 1 person in the world. Notch the creator of Minecraft)
    How daft do you have to be to miss every single point and spout out something even stupider than before?

    I just can't be bothered anymore.

    EDIT: Not a very nice way to put it, I'm aware.
    doom saber wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Linux penguin to trade?

    Man, that thing was a bitch to get. Scared me off Linux forever. And I don't think it's really tradable, is it? Unless you got some gift wrap and any actual knowledge on the price of it, because people seem to be asking quite the shitload for it. Some of them think that this is the new buds or something, looking at the prices they're asking.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    And I don't think it's really tradable, is it?

    No, it isn't. Which is a good thing. Also this thing is the new earbuds. considering how hard it was to get it. And yeah. No desire for Linux any more after that weekend.:(
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    No, it isn't. Which is a good thing. Also this thing is the new earbuds. considering how hard it was to get it. And yeah. No desire for Linux any more after that weekend.:(

    Hell, I know a dude who got a Tux on each of his 17 idle accounts and I'm sure many of the idlers did the same, because after all, they only "play" for profit. I have a feeling that tuxes are a bit inflated, only it's hard to see while they're non-tradable. Though, who knows, guess we'll only see when and if it ever becomes tradable.

    Anyway, this bloody penguin doesn't even look that nice (unless you have the creepy pyropenguin thing going) and has weird positioning.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Hell, I know a dude who got a Tux on each of his 17 idle accounts and I'm sure many of the idlers did the same, because after all, they only "play" for profit.

    Well the hard thing is getting the first one. After that you only have to log in with another account.:(
  • edited April 2013
    I don't even know how I got the pengiun. I just sort of bumbled about on steam, my laptop crashed and restarted in windows(It didn't even like Linux), and I had the penguin.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.