User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 16.2K users
I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!
782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • DAISHI;780891 said:
    Is this strictly artwork or for a game?
    For now, it's just artwork. I want to start doing a sprite comic with it when I have more of it done. I did three strips a while back, just to kind of test the waters.

image image image
  • Aw... And you've got the maps ready and everything...
  • Zelda Reorchestrated, who were behind that fantastic rendition of Twilight Princess's soundtrack as well as many other reorchestrated mixes of Zelda songs, is shutting down. Read about it here: http://zreomusic.com/

They also list a link to a torrent of Twilight Symphony to let their fans who haven't been able to enjoy it do so.
  • Already torrents a while ago but would have bought the hard copy if they'd made more available. Guess they're tired of making Zelda music.
  • Oh god, where did my night go?

• Good day to be a Nintendo fan, but since there's no Nintendo thread (as far as I can tell), here's the Zelda news.

Uh, new Zelda game inbound. It's on the 3DS, it's got a top-down view and it lets Link turn into paper and stick to walls. Not entirely sure about that last one, but hey ho - NEW ZELDA WOO etc.

EDIT: Update! It's a full-on sequel to A Link to the Past. Also, the Oracle games are headed to the eShop.
  • Darth Marsden;787408 said:
    Uh, new Zelda game inbound. It's on the 3DS, it's got a top-down view and it lets Link turn into paper and stick to walls. Not entirely sure about that last one, but hey ho - NEW ZELDA WOO etc.
    Huh. I don't know how to feel about this one. A Link to the Past is one of my least favorite Zelda games.
    FUCK YEAH! First I get let out of jury duty in half an hour, now this. This day is fucking awesome!
  • GuruGuru214;787433 said:
    A Link to the Past is one of my least favorite Zelda games.
    because?
  • What's worse than disliking Link to the past is liking the Oracle games
  • Chyron8472;787440 said:
    because?
    Honestly, it's a bit hard to say. Maybe it's because I kept the GBA version in my pocket through a good chunk of high school and played it so much I got burned out on it. Maybe it's because I do my sprite work Oracle-style, and the huge number of ALttP-style spriters kind of annoys me. Maybe it's because A Link to the Past laid down the foundations for a lot of elements used in the other top-down games in the series, but didn't quite have them as fully developed in my eyes (though I may be full of shit on this point). But at least part of it is definitely that I don't really like the dungeon layouts all that much.
    DAISHI;787445 said:
    What's worse than disliking Link to the past is liking the Oracle games
    The Oracle games were the first Zelda games I played, they're both damn fine games, and Oracle of Ages is a sentimental favorite.
Add Comment