94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't like the trailer nothing about it looks Superman-ey to me. It looks all dark and depressive.
  • Oh wow, we're using Superman as an analogue for Jesus? That's so uncommon, I only trip over 50 examples of it on my way to the bathroom!
  • So what DC are saying is Batman is better then Jesus.
  • Rather Dashing;787952 said:
    Oh wow, we're using Superman as an analogue for Jesus? That's so uncommon, I only trip over 50 examples of it on my way to the bathroom!
    There are lots of movies where references to a savior can be found.

And besides that, you would prefer a movie exploring Superman's psyche and emotional weaknesses? Yes, let's make an iconic figure--who once stood for "truth, justice and the American way" and who once was a symbol for all that was good and right in the world, fights evil, and has all this power that we do not--into a broody, selfish, insensitive, emotionally weak character; and we should explore how he feels if Lois dumps him for another guy. Oh, wait. They did that already, and that movie sucks.
  • How would his parents know that he'd have super powers on Earth when on Krypton apparently everyone's normal strength etc? Did they go there themselves on vacation or something? Did they fight crime and get worshipped while they were there? Does this mean they secretly had a spaceship that they could have escaped in instead of sending their infant out by himself? Are they really secret assholes?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!
  • Alcoremortis;787960 said:
    How would his parents know that he'd have super powers on Earth when on Krypton apparently everyone's normal strength etc? Did they go there themselves on vacation or something? Did they fight crime and get worshipped while they were there? Does this mean they secretly had a spaceship that they could have escaped in instead of sending their infant out by himself? Are they really secret assholes?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!
    They have space wikipedia and read about Superman comics.
  • Chyron8472;787766 said:
    This is DC, not Marvel, but I love this new Man of Steel trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=T6DJcgm3wNY
    hey look its toby!
  • In case you haven't noticed, I made a new thread for this. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner. Oh well.

Anyway, here's that new Man of Steel trailer. Sort of.
  • My favorite is Ice Climbers
Add Comment