User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] Bring back Lilly..

posted by smokeyythabear on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
..so I can kill that b*tch. Please.
37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • She didn't know Lori had a kid, she just thought Lori was a savage murderer who was runnign away to continue to kill another day because of the lies fed to her and all of Woodbury by the Governor. She didn't see the kid, so she shot. When she saw the kid, she obviously regrets it immediately and turns on the Governor. If she had known Lori was carrying an infant, she never would have pulled the trigger. It was just an unfortunate, needless tragedy brought about by the Governor's quest for vengeance.
  • Exactly. Rock114 is quite right here. She just shoots a woman whom she believes have been trying to murder all her friends.
    You all seem to be quite judgmental here, gosh.
    In the end redemption is far more important than the sin itself.
    A quote from the bible will be quite in place here I believe "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".

Everybody makes mistakes. In an apocalypse the moral rules are no longer relevant, not all at least. Sometimes it is either us or them.

As for Game Lilly not being Comic Lilly... well, I don't buy that. Because who said that? The all mighty Kirkman? The man who let Telltale create an amazing character who was Comic Lilly, so that he could retcon it and create a far worse version of that character, all that so he could sell his stupid book.
    Game Lilly was created to be Comic Lilly no matter what Kirkman says. She is the true comic book Lilly.
    As my dear friend Kiel555 told me, game Lilly fits into the shoes of comic book Lilly far better than book Lilly ever will be.
    In the end, the choice is individual.

As for whether Lilly will return or not, I believe that Telltale won't use her ever again. If they use her again, that means their character can no longer be connected to comic book Lilly, and regardless of the fact that Kirkman retconned them, she was designed to be comic book Lilly, so she is.

Damn, that post feels so random. I'm sorry folks, I'm too tired to type or think in a coherent manner.
  • I just don't buy it. I still connect the two Lilly's because they are similar and were mean't to be the same person, and considering she makes the same mistake twice, I don't see much reason to forgive. Also, in the game she blatantly calls Lee a murderer to everyone even if Lee always had her back, and it hurts his friendship with Kenny. If you weren't the best to her and you talk to her in the back, she talks about how she thought about shooting you in the back -_- TWO FOR TWO. I'd be surprised if Kenny wasn't on her hit list.

She has just gone too far, and I feel in that retrospect I cannot and will not forgive her. She'd have to do some incredible feats for it, and that would be out of character. I love her character, I love to hate her, but I couldn't like her as a person in the video game.
  • YamiRaziel;788215 said:

As for Game Lilly not being Comic Lilly... well, I don't buy that. Because who said that? The all mighty Kirkman?
    Yes, he said that. Why you doesn't like it? Don't you understand that Lilly from comics are DEAD? She was in dead trap with horde of walkers in prison, with out ammo. No chanses to survive. That's why I really like that Robert Kirkman confirmed that Lilly from game, and from comics are not same characters. So, it turns that you like that she's die? How can you calling yourself "Lilly fan" after this???

Lilly from comics are DEAD.
    Lilly from game - her fate is unknown
  • zev_zev;788633 said:
    Yes, he said that. Why you doesn't like it? Don't you understand that Lilly from comics are DEAD? She was in dead trap with horde of walkers in prison, with out ammo. No chanses to survive. That's why I really like that Robert Kirkman confirmed that Lilly from game, and from comics are not same characters. So, it turns that you like that she's die? How can you calling yourself "Lilly fan" after this???

Lilly from comics are DEAD.
    Lilly from game - her fate is unknown
    The Lilly from the comics is also "unknown". The prison reportedly has a huge supply of food, so they could have holed up in there and then gotten out at a later date.

Kirkman himself stated in a letter hacks that he won't say whether or not she is alive, but it's unlikely the main group will ever see her(or rest of group) again.
  • I think Lilly died at the prison, because, really, that place was done for. I can't remember if Rick's crew cleared it out completely or not, but the sheer amount of walkers, coupled with the Woodbury soldiers having virtually no ammo by the point the Governor dies, really doesn't paint a very hopeful pictue for them.
  • Rock114;788659 said:
    I think Lilly died at the prison, because, really, that place was done for. I can't remember if Rick's crew cleared it out completely or not, but the sheer amount of walkers, coupled with the Woodbury soldiers having virtually no ammo by the point the Governor dies, really doesn't paint a very hopeful pictue for them.
    Kirkman kind of alludes to them all dying, having them run out of ammo as they were getting boxed in by a shit ton of walkers.
This discussion has been closed.