User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter/Crowdfunding thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 33.2K users
Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!
1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Community, I am disappoint. :o

How could you have missed a major adventure kickstarter??

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game
  • Vainamoinen;788823 said:
    Community, I am disappoint. :o

How could you have missed a major adventure kickstarter??

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game
    1.) Lot of money
    2.) Nobody knew about it
    3.) Nothing to show
    4.) Lot of money for promise and not much else
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    DAISHI;788825 said:
    1.) Lot of money
    Far less than backers are used to. Less than Tim, less than Jordan, less than Charles, less than Ragnar.
    DAISHI;788825 said:
    2.) Nobody knew about it
    The Undreaming and adventure-treff community were up to the challenge.
    DAISHI;788825 said:
    3.) Nothing to show
    Flatly disagreed.
    DAISHI;788825 said:
    4.) Lot of money for promise and not much else
    But you do still know that you're in the Kickstarter thread, don't you? That's kinda sorta what crowd funding is all about.

(Heck, I don't even see this game as receiving a good story with an almost all artist team. But it gets an original score from Richard Jacques - that alone is worth the money, Mr. Soundtrack thread! ;) )
  • Well then the simpler answer is it just wasn't intriguing enough to enough people.
  • Also, it's in English monies, not dollars. Much as it pains me to say, that probably puts some people off.

I backed, even though I'm supposed to be avoiding spending money. I suck at this 'restraint' thing.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Darth Marsden;788833 said:
    Also, it's in English monies, not dollars. Much as it pains me to say, that probably puts some people off.
    "Some people"? You mean, those right across the great ocean? Thankfully, corresponding $€ prices are written right below the tiers. Their exchange rate is a bit weird though. :)
    Darth Marsden;788833 said:
    I backed, even though I'm supposed to be avoiding spending money. I suck at this 'restraint' thing.
    Need help? I could reprimand you every time you confess in one of these threads here!

I vowed not to back anything until 2014... and as I will have to wait for PayPal to open on this Kickstarter as well, I'd say the possibility is still there...
  • Darth Marsden;788833 said:
    Also, it's in English monies, not dollars. Much as it pains me to say, that probably puts some people off.

I also backed (at the $15 level).

On the $15 reward tier, they wrote "You will get the full game DRM free for PC or Mac, plus your name on our website for prosperity." It should say "for posterity."

Also, if Torment can get $100k from Paypal backers within the next week, they will reach the next stretch goal (player stronghold.)
  • Chyron8472;788966 said:
    I also backed (at the $15 level).

On the $15 reward tier, they wrote "You will get the full game DRM free for PC or Mac, plus your name on our website for prosperity." It should say "for posterity."
    I dunno about you, but taking money to put a name on a website seems pretty prosperous to me.
  • The knock-off SNES packaging is interesting... in a not-putting-my-money-where-my-mouth-is sort of way.

...mais, je déteste l'accent québécois.
Add Comment