User Avatar Image

The Poker Night 2 Waiting Thread

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
It's been a while since we've had good old fashioned Waiting thread, hasn't it?

Just post stuff here while you're waiting and watch the chaos unfold.
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • crfh;788981 said:
    ... I am seeing lines I have never heard before.

Examples:

1. Heavy wins tournament. Makes a little dance and says he's best poker in the world and killer.

2. Tycho :describes: Tetris attack to Heavy. Heavy admits he would like to play it.

3. Heavy: "but, don't you ultimately lose because you're so tiny?"
    I know the tetris attack one was definitely n there before. Not sure if the other ones were or not.

edit: I know I have seen the Max quote in that screen you posted as well.
  • Steam Community discussion seems to think it was just an update of the DirectX used for the game. Though some claim that when they attempt to launch it they just get high volume, low quality audio ads that persist until they close Steam and the game itself won't launch. But it only seems to "affect" a minor set of people.
  • Hmm... I know it may be a bit of a shot in the dark, what with Matt Chapman being busy and I don't know about Mike, but I'd like to see Strong Bad trying to hit on Moxxi while ordering a Cold One.
  • I went back to playing Poker Night 1's Hard mode (for practice in Poker Night 2), and oh by gosh by golly, it really is HARD. Poker Night 2's going to be a worse challenge than I thought.

As long as you're careful and watch tells, you should be fine, but really, do NOT fight battles when any character makes heavy bets, as you're basically leading yourself to doom. Only if your cards are in a straight or are in a pair, and you have to at least see the first three cards. Be aggressive, and bluff when you can.

The main strategy for the characters revealed so far is this:

Brock: Let him win a few hands, and then start the aggression on him.
    Claptrap: Wait until he starts a conversation with GLadOS.
    Ash: N/A
    Sam: His strategy might change when he pulls out his revolver or talks to Max, so just pay attention to what he does after he does those actions.

Godspeed, folks!
  • So, when exactly does the X360 usually update with new releases in the Arcade? I ask so that I know when to start avoiding youtube and message boards for spoilery stuff.
  • spd12;789312 said:
    So, when exactly does the X360 usually update with new releases in the Arcade? I ask so that I know when to start avoiding youtube and message boards for spoilery stuff.
    Seems like it got already released.
  • User Avatar Image
    ArthurV Telltale Staff
    It's out on Xbox right now. :-)
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED
    ArthurV;789354 said:
    Damn you all, corporate vermin! CURSES!
  • ArthurV;789354 said:
    Stand back Demon! You shall not make me waver and buy a console for that game! ;)
Add Comment