User Avatar Image

Poker Night 2's Music

posted by Magic Emperor on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users
This soundtrack is amazing. My sincerest compliments. I fell in love with it instantly, far more than the first game's (which I also like). :)
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was disappointing actually. Poker Night 2 had slow jazz covers of recognizable songs from their respective franchises. They played when a certain player was in the lead sometimes, like a theme song.

Aside from the fantastic Still Alive, I've only heard unedited songs straight from their series. It's quite the let down... Oh well. I guess I can't complain about classic Sam and Max office music.
  • There's a jazzy cover of "This Ain't No Place for a Hero" (Borderlands 2) that plays in the basic Inventory set-up.
  • I should have mentioned unedited tracks aside. :B
  • I'm pretty sure I heard a rendition of the Venture Bros. theme when I had the Venture set out.

Although it sounded just different enough to be something else entirely.
  • User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff
    The music changes when you unlock a theme (like RAnthonyMahan mentioned with the VB set). Lots of great music in this game, go Jared & co.!
  • Does anyone have a list of all tracks that were covered? I can't tell for sure but I swore I heard a song from Army of Darkness in there somewhere.
  • Yeah, what was the track with the beautiful piano at the beginning, followed by the sax? Devil's Playhouse (the ONE S&M game I've yet to play)? It's hard to explain through text, but needless to say that when it played for the second time, I turned voice and SFX down just to hear it while playing. :P
  • Magic Emperor;790258 said:
    Yeah, what was the track with the beautiful piano at the beginning, followed by the sax? Devil's Playhouse (the ONE S&M game I've yet to play)? It's hard to explain through text, but needless to say that when it played for the second time, I turned voice and SFX down just to hear it while playing. :P
    The dramatic sounding one? Yeah, that's the one I thought was from Army of Darkness. The Evil Dead trilogy has lots of songs that sound vaguely like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8gIYxc4eLA
  • Haha, yeah, I had a hunch you were thinking of that one, too. You got good taste. I feel super embarrassed having to ask that because, as much as I love most of these properties, it has been a while since I watched Venture Bros., Evil Dead/Army, played S&M, etc.
  • I'm not really familiar with most of the franchises but the music is really good. Even though its kind of less fitting of a backalley poker tourney compared to the mellow bass riffs in the first lol.
Add Comment