1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Vainamoinen;789856 said:
    (Was hoping for the new X-com, but the speaker [who has quite the cold!!] says "classic release". Fuck damn.)
    If you don't see Civ5 over there don't get your hopes up for the new X-COM. Both are Steam exclusives on PC I'm afraid.
    :(
  • Your classic Gem Promo of the week is Painkiller Black Edition. And to once again avoid editorializing about GOG's definition of the word "classic", I'll end it here.
  • It's 9 years old (I know, doesn't feel it). I think it qualifies as 'classic'.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Computer games isn't a very old medium.

8 to 10 years old, of course that can be a classic.

20, that would be antique.

30, prehistoric.

And now I want to know what incredibly bad non-xcom-game this shitty hint is. :mad: :mad:
  • Vainamoinen;791120 said:
    And now I want to know what incredibly bad non-xcom-game this shitty hint is. :mad: :mad:
    People have already decoded the hint to mean Subwar 2050. See, because it could come out six months ago (which is apparently a reference to The Hunt for Red October) or 37 years from now (the 2050 referenced in the title).
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Gibbeynator;791124 said:
    People have already decoded the hint to mean Subwar 2050. See, because it could come out six months ago (which is apparently a reference to The Hunt for Red October) or 37 years from now (the 2050 referenced in the title).
    Well, better get that out tomorrow. Because, you know, mind blowing May releases. :rolleyes:
  • What is with all the early morning database errors? Just an early morning flood of people checking the forums to see with there's new Walking Dead information? Ugh... whatever, back on topic. Today's lone release thus far is The Great Battles: Collector's Edition. It comes with the Alexander the Great, Hannibal and Caesar campaigns, and is only $5.99.
  • Gibbeynator;791491 said:
    What is with all the early morning database errors? Just an early morning flood of people checking the forums to see with there's new Walking Dead information?
    You've probably just hit the daily maintenance that's been mentioned several times elsewhere. It goes on for an hour each day with random minor downtimes for hours afterwards. It's a real annoyance for Europeans as it's in the middle of the day, but probably goes on largely unnoticed by the American user base.
  • flesk;791507 said:
    You've probably just hit the daily maintenance that's been mentioned several times elsewhere. It goes on for an hour each day with random minor downtimes for hours afterwards. It's a real annoyance for Europeans as it's in the middle of the day, but probably goes on largely unnoticed by the American user base.
    For the American users it happens around 4, 3, or 2 AM depending on time zone.
  • Yeah, 2AM for me. It's good, it tells me to get my ass in bed.
Add Comment