User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 75.7K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • coolsome;791520 said:
    There must be something really bad about her...The TARDIS put up with Peri for god sake!
    What? Who doesn't like Peri? :confused:

In other news, very good spot over on the SFX forums as to classic series references so far this series

http://www.sfx.co.uk/sfx-forum/showthread.php?t=7777
  • OK, I've seen the episode twice now and I've no idea how in the hell the [Spoiler]reset button[/Spoiler] worked. Could someone explain it to me in terms that won't make my head explode? Be much appreciated.
  • Oh, right. Thanks. Still doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but whatever.
  • Darth Marsden;791621 said:
    Oh, right. Thanks. Still doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but whatever.
    Think of it this way.... we don't actually know how many times the Doctor [SPOILER]chucked that thingy[/SPOILER] to save the day. He could have fouled it up a billion times, with everything going round in a loop a billion times till the plan finally worked.
  • Darth Marsden;791763 said:
    Y'know what?

He's not just a timelord. He's the last of the timelords.
  • Darth Marsden;791621 said:
    Oh, right. Thanks. Still doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but whatever.
    That Grenade disabled all Electronics and Shields on ships, essentially killing all electronic and engine activity to make it easier for them to claim and scrap.

COME ON.

Classic Who reference.

What would happen if The Doctor, say, reversed the polarity of the electron flow, ;) Ehh, EHHHHHH?

Basically, the new Grenade is a reversed version, when detonated it forces ON the ships protection and shields. meaning the TARDIS was never caught, trapped and then broken when taken in for scrap.
  • Darth Marsden;791763 said:
    Y'know what?

OK.... think of it this way. Remember the Jonbar Hinge in "Ghost Devices"? Well, it's like that.

(What, you've never read "Ghost Devices"?! How d'you expect to understand canonical "Doctor Who" if you've never read an umpteen-year-old spinoff from merchandising?!)

Anyway. Best cartoon EVER in new DWM (the one with Turlough in it). There's apparently also some crap in it about no classic Doctors in the 50th Anniversary story, but I've methaphorically got my fingers in my ears / repeating "la la la I'm not listening", so that's okay)
Add Comment