User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 427.4K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Darth Marsden;791791 said:
    I was all on-board with Sony Vegas, until I actually tried to make the video, at which point it sent me into a murderous frenzy by constantly crashing at the 21% mark for absolutely no reason. The one time it DID compile, all it produced was 35 minutes of a black screen.

I did eventually get it to work though - with higher settings that mean the video is 1.8GBs.

The limits of my anger know no bounds.

Anyway. The solution was to upload that 1.8GB file to YouTube (who promptly blocked it because of copyrighted material, which I completely expected because YouTube is fucking useless) and then just use VideoDownloader to grab the processed YouTube video - now a much more sensible 132 MBs - and upload that to Blip.

So much for Sony Vegas!

So... Final Cut Pro? Might give that one a try next. I do have a documentary-style video in the works that'd be a good way of testing it...
    Why don't you try something like Pinnacle Stufio before dropping a few hundred on FCP.
  • To be honest, I haven't looked into it much. I just heard someone mention FCP and thought it was a legit suggestion. I'll do more research before actually making the plunge on anything.
  • The Fez Humble Store Widget is live. Gives a higher percentage of the purchase to Polytron than Steam or GOG, also gives a DRM-free download AND a Steam code.
  • Rather Dashing;791863 said:
    The Fez Humble Store Widget is live. Gives a higher percentage of the purchase to Polytron than Steam or GOG, also gives a DRM-free download AND a Steam code.
    Ugh, maybe they could have mentioned that before the release day, many people(including me) already pre-ordered it elsewhere.
  • RingmasterJ5;791868 said:
    Ugh, maybe they could have mentioned that before the release day, many people(including me) already pre-ordered it elsewhere.
    They did. I was waiting for it!
  • Rather Dashing;791871 said:
    They did. I was waiting for it!
    Ah, forgot that Polytron has their own official Twitter, I only followed Fish's.
  • coolsome;791840 said:
    My Pokemon is evolving!

Why can't I stop watching this?
  • Giant Tope;791889 said:

Its a baby moq

Here is adult moq
    I want another bunny so badly now. I miss having one around.
  • I am indeed attending a 12 hour Iron Man Marathon tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.