User Avatar Image

Less Dialogue Option

posted by Crono3 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Really loving the game so far and the improvements they've made since PN1. However, I've noticed that there is no option for the amount of dialogue that you hear like there was in the first one. That coupled with the long dialogue sequences that you can't skip will make for a pretty annoying game after everything has been heard multiple times. After about 10 hours into the first game I set the dialogue on low and it was much more enjoyable. I'm not sure why they took that option out, but I hope they will add it in a future update!
16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED
    The biggest problem is not being able to skip the lines. I can't be bothered to listen to GLaDOS talk about about my posterior every time I press a button.
  • The thing that bugs me is when every one else at a table folds and game play moves on, but when I fold I have to hear comments from everyone at the table + Glados, it would be better if glados would give grief to the rest of the people at the table but it never seems to happen.
  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED
    goemon;790829 said:
    The thing that bugs me is when every one else at a table folds and game play moves on, but when I fold I have to hear comments from everyone at the table + Glados, it would be better if glados would give grief to the rest of the people at the table but it never seems to happen.
    She does, just not as often.
  • Profanity;790824 said:
    The biggest problem is not being able to skip the lines. I can't be bothered to listen to GLaDOS talk about about my posterior every time I press a button.
    Certainly they must realize this is annoying, yet decided to force us to listen to these lines every time. I'm not sure why, but I hope they add in the option to skip as well as an overall option for less dialogue.
  • Profanity;790824 said:
    The biggest problem is not being able to skip the lines. I can't be bothered to listen to GLaDOS talk about about my posterior every time I press a button.
    My ample posterior is harASSed by these incessant insults. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.
  • Sometimes I pretend that that she might just be saying it to whoever she knows has the worse hand at the time.
  • Definitely a strange decision.
  • Dedlok;791254 said:
    Sometimes I pretend that that she might just be saying it to whoever she knows has the worse hand at the time.
    I believe she said it to others besides the player, yeah.
  • Magic Emperor;791309 said:
    I believe she said it to others besides the player, yeah.
    Big mistake junior. -.-
  • I agree. The lack of options to skip or reduce the chatter seems odd given it was in the first one. Aren't sequels meant to improve upon the original, not remove features?
Add Comment