User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 77.4K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Only thirty-six titles?

Huh. Not a whole lot else you COULD do with that collection then.
  • Good news everyone, I've rejigged my Dr. Who shelf as I had too much to fit as it was!
    [CENTER]image[/CENTER]

I'll need to find a new place for my Dark Shadows: The Complete Collection, though...
  • Well I thought last nights was really proper special Dr Who. The first episode leaving me nothing but satisfied in literal years.

Unfortunately it seems everyone else was busy watching You've Been Framed.
  • I liked it as well.

Is it a bad thing where my favorite episode of the season is the one where the Doctor isn't in it for half the episode?
  • Alcoremortis;793046 said:
    I liked it as well.

Is it a bad thing where my favorite episode of the season is the one where the Doctor isn't in it for half the episode?

Well Blink was most peoples favorite of series 3.

I hope its a back door pilot for Jenny and co to FINALLY get a spin off.
  • I hope so. I really like them, especially with the whole detective-y thing they've got going there.

I'd totally watch that show. They could make it into a Victorian Torchwood that doesn't suck!
  • I like them as well, but I'd imagine a full-on spin-off with nothing BUT them would get old - especially Drax's shtick of always wanting to use violence on everything. They work far better in small doses.

Also [Spoiler]they re-appear in The Name Of The Doctor and apparently not everyone survives, so...[/Spoiler]
Add Comment