User Avatar Image

The Stranger

posted by saladdays on - last edited - Viewed by 729 users
Does the stranger's attitude toward you change at all depending on the people that you killed, let die, etc. throughout the game? I mean, if I avoided death as much as possible, will his dialogue change (other than not mentioning the event itself)? For example, if I let both St. Johns live, will he care any differently than if I killed them both? Or will he simply just not bring it up and his other dialogue is the same?
24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cthulhu42;785526 said:
    I played a mostly ruthless/pragmatic Lee (killed the St. Johns, stole the food, abandoned Lilly, dropped Ben), so the Stranger was pretty furious with me for virtually all my choices.

I kept my ruthless streak going when I then strangled him to death with my one remaining hand and then shot him in the head.
    hahaha 'me too' ;)
  • Jaded X Gamer;785661 said:
    I always thought it'd be funny if he held leaving Duck hanging against you. :D
    I can see it now.

Stranger: "A little boy wanted a high-five from you, but you you just walked away!"

Lee:
    1) "I fucked up."
    2) "You weren't there!"
    3) "I'd do it again!"
    4) "..."
  • Jaded X Gamer;785661 said:
    I always thought it'd be funny if he held leaving Duck hanging against you. :D
    Stranger "You left a inteligent child who helped you out Hanging?"
    Lee: 1) He had it coming
    2) I wouldnt do that again
    3) Ducks inteligent?
    Stranger "Your a monster!"
  • 1) Strangers: You didnt give that Girl her hat back. Her dad bought her that for christ sake

Lee: The same dad you said is alive to get her hear (Omid appears out of thin air to bro fist. Then disappears again)

2) Stranger: You left at night killing Chet

3) Stranger: You gave her Beef Jerky!
  • Shrewsbury Survivor;786254 said:

3) Stranger: You gave her Beef Jerky!
    I Bet You Didn't Even Know That Apples Were Her Favorite!!
  • The Fallen;785947 said:
    My interpretation is that he's more trying to justify taking Clementine to himself, if he can prove that you're some kind of monster then he can convince himself that he isn't.
    I agree. Trying to put you down to make himself look better.
  • Cthulhu42;785526 said:
    I played a mostly ruthless/pragmatic Lee (killed the St. Johns, stole the food, abandoned Lilly, dropped Ben), so the Stranger was pretty furious with me for virtually all my choices.

I kept my ruthless streak going when I then strangled him to death with my one remaining hand and then shot him in the head.
    I did everything the same except for dropping Ben. Did you chop your arm off alone as well?
  • rock114;786245 said:
    i can see it now.

Stranger: "a little boy wanted a high-five from you, but you you just walked away!"

lee:
    1) "i fucked up."
    2) "you weren't there!"
    3) "i'd do it again!"
    4) "..."
    lol :d
  • He doesn't say as much about you, mainly because you wouldn't have done anything bad to talk about.
  • He mainly accused me for the carley thing other than that really nothing
This discussion has been closed.