User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 447.3K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • DAISHI;793469 said:
    Because the likeliness of either one producing real results is fooey.
    I was going to make a joke about how that this wouldn't be much different from what's actually happening at the supercollider, but apparently they finally found evidence of the Higgs Boson just a month and a half ago, so I stand corrected even before I made the incorrect statement.
  • Alcoremortis;793488 said:
    I was going to make a joke about how that this wouldn't be much different from what's actually happening at the supercollider, but apparently they finally found evidence of the Higgs Boson just a month and a half ago, so I stand corrected even before I made the incorrect statement.
    Sort of evidence. It's still mostly an inference.

    Although they've technically done more than all Superstring theorists combined, yes.
  • thestalkinghead;793308 said:
    i don't like to die in games because i am lazy/easily bored so i can't be bothered to do the same things twice
    image
  • L.A. Noire is repetitive and boring after a while. The homicide beat got pretty interesting and I was really into it, but Vice is a drag. The nonsensical questioning method also is a bummer.
  • DAISHI;793606 said:
    L.A. Noire is repetitive and boring after a while.
    Then take a break. I, personally, couldn't stop playing it.
    I really want to replay it but I have to forget everything first. #firstworldproblems.
  • der_ketzer;793609 said:
    Then take a break. I, personally, couldn't stop playing it.
    I really want to replay it but I have to forget everything first. #firstworldproblems.
    I feel that way about all the Monkey Island games.
  • der_ketzer;793609 said:
    Then take a break. I, personally, couldn't stop playing it.
    I really want to replay it but I have to forget everything first. #firstworldproblems.
    Thing is, I'm never going to finish it if I take a break. That's how repetitive I find it. I don't buy a lot of games, so when I do I want to finish them.

    I guess it doesn't help that Cole is such a boring, hypocritical asshole, and the narrative is so poorly written.
This discussion has been closed.