User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 25.8K users
Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.
774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, Telltale is doing a DC Comics-based game already.

But yeah, I can't see Telltale doing a superhero game of any kind, especially since I don't think there's much demand for a game where you play as Commissioner Gordon.

The only superhero I could picture Telltale working well with is The Question, and he's still too much on the obscure side to warrant his own game.
  • RAnthonyMahan;796125 said:
    Well, Telltale is doing a DC Comics-based game already.

But yeah, I can't see Telltale doing a superhero game of any kind, especially since I don't think there's much demand for a game where you play as Commissioner Gordon.

The only superhero I could picture Telltale working well with is The Question, and he's still too much on the obscure side to warrant his own game.
    Indeed, but it's not a superhero game. It's a Noir game that would be based in Gotham city and closely related to a superhero without actually playing the superhero. I think there'd be a lot of story that could be told there and it'd be fun to experience the Gotham universe from that perspective. Also, Gordon's actually an extremely popular character in the Batman world with his own cult following; the Batman universe, in general, is in demand right now, and the latest movies and games have sold really well (including the Noir Batman Year one).
  • Fuck it, they should do a superhero game. No wait, they should do a MANLY superhero game. And what's more manly than...

• They should team up with Roosterteeth and do a Captain Dynamic game.

Best superhero since Captain Slippery.
  • I should do a script of TMM and send THAT in.
  • Okay, who thinks Telltale should do a 5 episode season Doctor Who game? Obviously they'd have to ask BBC, but think about how great their stories are and how perfect it'd be for them to do it. You could be a custom character with travels with various incarnations of the doctor in their life, with a telltale twist at the end of course, that they'd think of. The first episode should be hte 9th, then episode two and three should be a two parter including the tenth, what do you think? Feel free to add too the idea and discuss.
  • What's Doctor Who?
  • Ribs;800117 said:
    What's Doctor Who?
    It's a British sci-fi show that's been going since the 1960's.

It's very popular in the USA and even more popular in the UK, since.. you know, its where it originated from. Research it, its worth it.
  • stevean2;800120 said:
    It's a British sci-fi show that's been going since the 1960's.

It's very popular in the USA and even more popular in the UK, since.. you know, its where it originated from. Research it, its worth it.
    You haven't learnt how to read sarcasm have you...
  • Hudomonkey;800126 said:
    You haven't learnt how to read sarcasm have you...
    Through text? No, I'm sure that's pretty impossible, and I can't be assuming everyone is a dick on the internet, now if you have nothing relevant to say to the topic, begone with you.
Add Comment