User Avatar Image

What is your top five favorite game protagonists

posted by Bioshock Infinite WD on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
What is your five favorite game protagonists. They can be from any genre of games.
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Bioshock Infinite WD;796849 said:
    Alcoremortis you are so right that many amazing games have so-so protagonists, I mean looking at your pic reminds me Fallout does not have great protagonists but the rest of the game is great.
    Well, it was more that I tend to play a lot of RPGs, where you determine your own stats, appearance, name, personality... you don't play a particular protagonist, you play whatever protagonist you want to. Can't use those in a list like this.

Also, Nameless One in Planescape got a spot because he's got an amazing story to go with him and also has some of the most wickedly funny dialogue. Granted, using any of it will piss everyone off and maybe block off some potential quests, but it's still there.
    Nameless One" said:
    I wonder what it was I said that made death reject me.
    Nameless One" said:
    Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese.
  • 1. Max Payne
    2. Lee Everett
    3. Edward Carnby
    4. Guybrush Threepwood
    5. John Marston
  • You know Alcoremortis I think I play more RPG's then any other type of game, this was in fact my first point and click, and needless to say the best game to get me into that type of game.
  • Hmm... which one again?
  • Alcoremortis;796877 said:
    Hmm... which one again?
    Sounds like he means the classic Fallout.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Alcoremortis;796877 said:
    Hmm... which one again?
    You named exactly one point and click adventure game hero in your top five. Do the math. :)
  • Sorry the game was The Walking Dead and I will buy many other point and click games from Telltale because of it.
  • Vainamoinen;796887 said:
    You named exactly one point and click adventure game hero in your top five. Do the math. :)
    1/5, .2, 20%

Technically, Planescape: Torment is practically a P&C. I mean you can avoid pretty much every single combat in the game and treat it like a big old adventure game. And Grim Fandango is an adventure still, even though there's no pointing or clicking. And Amnesia, while horror... kinda is an adventure game. You have to solve puzzles and find items to rub on other items. Just every once and awhile, a monster pops up and goes OOOGIE WOOGIE WOO!

So that would move the math up to 4/5, .8, 80%
  • 1. Raziel (Soul Reaver)
    2. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
    3. Sam Stone (Serious Sam)
    4. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)
    5. Ben (Ben there, Dan that)
  • 1) John Marston
    2) Ezio Auditore da Firenze
    3) George Stobbart
    4) Guybrush Threepwood
    5) April Ryan
Add Comment