157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Vainamoinen;797320 said:
    Was the PS4 design every shown, anywhere? From what can you infer that "they also are going to just have some black box that is probably just as ugly"?
    No i'm pretty sure it has not been shown yet because in this Playstation Blog post they basically make it look like its being shown on June 10th on another livestream.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/20/playstation-4-exclusive-video-see-it-first-10th-june/
  • There's been a teaser trailer for it, and someone basically took all the little bits of it they showed and made an estimate of what the full thing looked like (located here), but it's not officially been revealed yet.
  • DAISHI;797385 said:
    Two, when I see game maker conferences talking about pushing boundaries and cutting edge, I'm like, really? You're making pretty pictures move and hit each other. You know who's pushing boundaries? Those MIT boys making DRACO, or the scientists working at the Large Haldron Collider.
    As much as I don't think the current console generation's big-budget mass market industry is "pushing boundaries", I think trying to compare them to MIT or Hadron Collider scientists is being intentionally obtuse. Are you saying that artistic and even business fields do not have the potential to push boundaries within their respective spheres?
  • ryannumber1gamer;797341 said:
    Also if i remember right didn't they say they were trying to make the PS4 more indie friendly?
    You don't know the half of it.
  • I hope this means Notch will port Minecraft to PS3.
  • PS4's got this in the bag.
  • Rather Dashing;797399 said:
    As much as I don't think the current console generation's big-budget mass market industry is "pushing boundaries", I think trying to compare them to MIT or Hadron Collider scientists is being intentionally obtuse. Are you saying that artistic and even business fields do not have the potential to push boundaries within their respective spheres?
    The manufacturers of the PS4 aren't breaking boundaries. Now, some game designers, from an artistic point of view, are. But SONY itself as a company is not.
  • So guess what, while Microsoft have been making rip off BS choices, Sony have basically confirmed most PS4 games will be playable on Vita using Remote Play.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/digital-foundry-says-ps4-games-require-remote-play-ps-vita
  • ryannumber1gamer;797805 said:
    So guess what, while Microsoft have been making rip off BS choices, Sony have basically confirmed most PS4 games will be playable on Vita using Remote Play.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/digital-foundry-says-ps4-games-require-remote-play-ps-vita
    So by remote play does it mean like what the WiiU does where you have to be a certain distance from the PS4 for it to work? Because that was already confirmed at the PS4 launch and isn't really worth buying a PS Vita over. Nice to have if you own a Vita already though.
  • Gman5852;797808 said:
    Because that was already confirmed at the PS4 launch
    The press event announced remote play as a feature, but it was extremely vague about whether or not it'd be supported on a wide scale, or kept to a minimum handful of titles as it is right now on PS3. This announcement more or less confirms that Sony is making remote play compulsory for developers on the PS4, making all PS4 games remote play compatible.

Remote play as it works right now DOES let you play PS3 content on a Vita at a different WiFi hotspot, by the way.
Add Comment