User Avatar Image

Batman General Discussion Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 34.2K users
With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0
1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Careful, you'll get us all squeeing.
  • Batman looks more like a woman in that pic.
  • Noname215;797283 said:
    Thrillkiller
    Being a huge fan of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, I've been wanting to give this comic(and Batgirl Year One) a read.
  • Darth Marsden;797300 said:
    Careful, you'll get us all squeeing.
    Hey, if that means what I think it means, I’m gonna have to punch you right in the nose.

• Taking a closer look at the fem-Joker, her boobs look oddly large. Or is that just me?
  • Well, they're probably removable, so I'd say you're in luck.
  • I have certain favorite parts of different adaptions.
    • The Brave and The Bold: I actually like how cartoony this series is! When it was on, it was exactly what I was looking for-- there aren't enough light-hearted Batman stories. It also drew attention to some of the lesser-known DC characters, like Spectre and Gentleman Ghost, reinvented Bat-Mite so he was actually pretty awesome, and brought awareness to how cool Aquaman actually is. I still maintain that my second favorite Batman cartoon voice other than Kevin Conroy is Diedrich Bader.
    • The Batman: The Vs. Dracula film was really good, and the show focused a lot on Penguin and Alfred, both of which I think are underutilized.
    • The Animated Series: Among many things, I love the Art Deco design, and the fact that several of the characters were original or totally redesigned, and were all pulled off well, Harley Quinn in particular (although I wish Roxy Rocket was used more, I think she has a lot of potential). I love Bruce Timm's art. The worst I can say about it is there's a bit of sameface when he designs women. But otherwise, he's great, and one of my inspirations.
    I think they are using Gotham By Gaslight Batman in their DC MOBA game.
  • DAISHI;797596 said:
    I'll take em.
    You would be the one to say that. :D
  • Darth Marsden;797594 said:
    Taking a closer look at the fem-Joker, her boobs look oddly large. Or is that just me?
    I think more emphasis was placed on the butt.
Add Comment