User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 14.6K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OzzieMonkey;797885 said:
    Ugh, I just checked the EB Games Australia website, and a preorder page is up for the Xbox One...900 dollars...that's just ridiculous, clearly they're only catering for the super rich.

EDIT: Oh, not to mention some of the games available for preorder are over 100 each. The least expensive game is close to 120. Utterly stupid.
    Dude, there are no announced prices even for the US. The prices are placeholders.
  • Rather Dashing;797892 said:
    Dude, there are no announced prices even for the US. The prices are placeholders.
    Ah...oops, I guess I'm a bit dense there :p Thanks for clearing that up. Either way, I'm not even remotely interested in getting this pathetic excuse for a games console, I'll stick with my 360 and PC gaming :p
  • OzzieMonkey;797885 said:
    EDIT: Oh, not to mention some of the games available for preorder are over 100 each. The least expensive game is close to 120. Utterly stupid.
    from what I hear those are the usual game prices over there.
  • If the price for this console is expensive beyond my budget(not that i dont have any plans to get this) I am not going to waste my time with it since Microsoft just wants to screw with us gamers. Big time.
  • If the price for this console isn't $100 less than the PS4, a whole fuckload of people aren't going to waste their time with it.
  • Bets on the price of the xbox one anyone?

I guess 399$ for the best model.
  • I bet $350 or $400 for the base model, and up to $600 or $650 for premium services and greater HDD space.

suffice it to say I predict near tablet prices, as this isn't a game console so much as a set-top media center that also plays games. So the internet connection isn't just for games, but for other online services. That is to say that games are not the primary focus, but rather online services, and the fact that these services require internet access anyway to work gives Microsoft an excuse to also require it for games--which makes EA extremely happy, I'm sure.
  • I think the Xbox One is secretly an alien device from a Doctor Who Monster of the week.
Add Comment