User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 13.8K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My favorite name for it is the Xbone, because it's already a fossil.
  • Apparently Microsoft is investing a billion dollars into game for the XBox One.

If they'd said that during the conference it would have allayed a lot of problems.
  • Darth Marsden;798213 said:
    Apparently Microsoft is investing a billion dollars into game for the XBox One.

If they'd said that during the conference it would have allayed a lot of problems.
  • Well, it's good to know that someone's got my back to make me look more serious.

Cheque's in the mail.
  • apparently its gonna be £600 in england they probably still consider the kinect as an extra so its a decent deal , but because the kinect is mandatory it isn't a deal
  • The kinect can't even be considered an extra because no one wants the damn piece of crap. It's actually kinda sad to see that Sony (and Microsoft) have not learned their lesson from the PS3 because in the UK on Amazon both PS4 & Xbox One are £600. I guess the console I'm getting this year will be Wii U :/ Kinda funny considering I got the 3DS this year as well :)
  • both £600, if i were to get one the PS4 would definitely be the one i would get
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    ryannumber1gamer;798245 said:
    It's actually kinda sad to see that Sony (and Microsoft) have not learned their lesson from the PS3 because in the UK on Amazon both PS4 & Xbox One are £600.
    Again. PLACEHOLDER PRICES, for both. There are_no_official_prices_yet. Neither Sony nor Microsoft have given ANY indication as to the price of their consoles. Amazon randomly puts out the maximum of what they expect.
  • a place holder of 600 quid hell to the 'f@#k' NO...not even 500, 400 is pushing it, 300 would be ok with me but i DOUBT they'll sell it for that..

i reckon within the first month i'll see one in a shop second hand for a few quid less..

(cos you know some spoilt brat will have it, hate it and then get rid of it)..seen a few second hand wii u's recently too !

so for me it's sticking to 360 and pc (probably upgrade around the time half life 2 ep3/ half life 3, portal 3, left 4 dead 3 are near release)
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Milosuperspesh;798275 said:
    600 quid hell to the 'f@#k' NO...not even 500, 400 is pushing it...
    READING must not be one of your strengths.

Add Comment