User Avatar Image

Clem shouldn't die just to make the story sadder

posted by master psychic on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
People say that Clementine dying will make season 2 much emotional and more dramatic than season 1 . Well I say NO !
Do people realise that if Clementine dies just for shock value and sadness than Lee's sacrifice would be for nothing , and that pretty much means that all of our choices for season 1 were all for nothing and if she dies than Lee will be forgotten forever and it would be a insult to those who loved him .
Just because this is The Walking Dead and that there is no happy ending it doesn't mean that Clementine has to die just to make season 2 emotional i mean we are going to have a new cast right ? They can season 2 emotional with the new protagonist and the new group .
To be honest if Clementine dies and we can't do anything about it than it would be a big middle finger to those sweet moments between Lee and Clem and that taking care of her and training her was pointless
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • On that note what would you do if they did kill Clementine, I probable order five pizzas and drink my favorite sode alone when at the same time listening to my darling Clementine and then go bed at five pm after eating all the pizza.
  • I believe that she will die in the alst walking dead season ever
  • Tomi021;798847 said:
    I believe that she will die in the alst walking dead season ever
    When she will 50 years old grandma :D
  • One can hope that in the last Season there will be endings were she can live or die, which would satisfy most of us but then again it's the Walking Dead so she could still die.
  • Clem is almost never playable, and probably wont die until the end of this game, if at all. There's no need to have her die for dying's sake, that what new eipsode characters are for right? I think she's there to be that fly on the wall as adults with different ideas argue on how to handle things- she's that voice thats there to stop you from going full savage- at least thats how I see her, as my game would have had some defiinite changes if she wasnt around
  • I think what Jake meant was that killing Clementine for the sake of making the story sadder is bad writing, because it wouldn´t be fulfilling some kind of theme or completing her character arc, killing a character only to shock your audience is something gratuitous and stupid.

Mind you, I´m not saying Clem dying would be bad writing, I´m saying killing her for THAT reason would be stupid.
  • Not speak English, okay. It becomes an animated comic episode 1 YouTube, which would be the reason, would have any value, it would be boring, feel the excitement live.
  • How horrible would it be that, if you chose to not shoot Lee in S1, Clem gets killed by walker Lee?
  • ^that would be so brutal.
    I made Clem shoot Lee though.
  • oliethefolie;801464 said:
    How horrible would it be that, if you chose to not shoot Lee in S1, Clem gets killed by walker Lee?
    Pretty sure that everyone would go rewind and replay the seemingly most important choice in season 1, making the player choice statistics for episode 5 lean in a specific way. :p
This discussion has been closed.